Sign in to follow this  
Nobbi1977

Steel pinion for wild dagger / WT01

I need pinions by the bucket load at the moment. Tamiya have sorted me out well for the DT's but I am in need for a Wild Dagger and a WT-01. That's 3 than.

I will stick to stock 18 teeth I think, but what pitch do I need? Any links to sellers would be good, I find pinion shopping the most stressful part of this hobby.

Mod .6 pinions are indeed the ones to go for. I use the RW Racing ones from Modelsport or Fusion.

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/rw-.6-pinion-18-teeth/rc-car-products/13757

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/0600-rw-racing-0-6-pinion-gear

Many thanks. I wish there was a common naming convention for these to make searches easier. Even on the same site they seem to be called slightly different names

Many thanks. I wish there was a common naming convention for these to make searches easier. Even on the same site they seem to be called slightly different names

I always understood that "0.6 Module" was the correct way of referring to the metric gear pitch as used in many Tamiya cars, including the WT-01 chassis..

The differences (eg, Mod 0.6 V's 0.6 Mod) could simply come from this site being world wide, and the abbreviation of the word from module to mod, could come from saving people having to type the full word..

What this site does need is a "Frequently asked questions" area where we can list the chassis, what kits have that chassis, and the gear pitch used, allowable pinion sizes, number and sizes of bearings

The same could be done for LiPo batteries, and what chassis they fit..

I always understood that "0.6 Module" was the correct way of referring to the metric gear pitch as used in many Tamiya cars, including the WT-01 chassis..

The differences could come from this site being world wide, and the abbreviation of the word module to mod, could come from saving people having to type the full word..

What this site does need is a "Frequently asked questions" area where we can list the chassis, what kits have that chassis, and the gear pitch used, allowable pinion sizes, number and sizes of bearings

The same could be done for LiPo batteries, and what chassis they fit..

Faq would be good. Mod and module and 0.6 and .6 get used and swapped about. Makes searching some sites hard work.

My apologies - I shall try to use correct terminology in future, or simply keep quiet if I don't know what that is.

My apologies - I shall try to use correct terminology in future, or simply keep quiet if I don't know what that is.

XV Pilot, I was in no way having a go at you or any other member with my reply..

What I was trying to point out was that some members living in different countries may refer to the gear pitch in different ways..

I have also seen one gear manufacturer (I think it was Robinson) refer to 0.6 Module as "Metric 48 pitch" and remember that Tamiya also refers to it as "AV Pitch"..

I was not trying to have a pop at anyone one here and your links were spot on. Each manufacture and re seller uses different descriptions so often you do not see everything they have for sale with one search. Mod .6 is what I was searching on but some places use 0.6 and module as well or instead off.

If it was not for your information over the last year I would not be as far on in this hobby as I am now

XV Pilot, I was in no way having a go at you or any other member with my reply..

What I was trying to point out was that some members living in different countries may refer to the gear pitch in different ways..

I have also seen one gear manufacturer (I think it was Robinson) refer to 0.6 Module as "Metric 48 pitch" and remember that Tamiya also refers to it as "AV Pitch"..

I was not trying to have a pop at anyone one here and your links were spot on. Each manufacture and re seller uses different descriptions so often you do not see everything they have for sale with one search. Mod .6 is what I was searching on but some places use 0.6 and module as well or instead off.

If it was not for your information over the last year I would not be as far on in this hobby as I am now

Don't worry, I am not offended. I just dislike it when I present incorrect information/information incorrectly, so I thought an apology would be in order.

Glad the links were useful! :)