topforcein

bruiser vs other 4x4's

I've got a bit of a dillema.

I've had a great price from my lhs for a bruiser and told them to get it in for me in a month.

But looking at it I am undecided as to having the bruiser or getting either the

Toyota tundra

Ford f350

Mounteneer

Hilux

Know to me what seems a lot of money for not a lot of truck (bruiser) you seem to get better value for money on the other 4x4's.

Know I don't plan on puting the mfu in witch ever one i buy will put a separate light set in and connect to the ESC.

Know what are the pro's and con's on these trucks

Well if you don't get the Bruiser, and you happen to pick any of the others believe me you'll miss the chance you're burning.

The High-Lift chassis runs fine, but the suspension is so hard that you will have a good looking truck that runs like a skateboard, with almost zero articulation. The re-re Bruiser, although not a perfect runner is a bit better in that department.

I do believe the Bruiser will make you smile when not running and will also provide the running excitement no other truck will do when hitting the dirt. Go for the Bruiser, mate. ;)

• Like 1

The Mountain Rider is the same as the Bruiser, just a roll bar instead of sleeper cab and different paint scheme. The Bruiser is like no other build in how satisfying it is and how it feels like putting together a real truck. Also like the post above the Bruiser is more fun to drive unless you put a lot of effort in aftermarket suspension into the Highlift.

• Like 1

I have no experience with 3 speeds but I always considered getting one. The Hilux would be my first choice based on price and tech. But as a die hard tamiya fan with feels of nostalgia I would take the Bruiser if close to the same price. I wouldn't spend to much time comparing performance given their intended use.

Is the old vs new (relatively new) delimna with money issue thrown in. Go with your gut feeling, unless money is the issue others wise if you stay in this hobby long enough you will buy both or even consider RC4WD with the 2 speed tranny as hop up

You won't regret the Bruiser, it is the most awesome build. I started mine just after xmas, just the shell to finish. Here is my build thread to give you a taste of how awesome the build is and how it went for me,

http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/202608-tamiya-hilux-bruiser-build-thread/

Having built it, I would say that from the engineering aspect alone it is actually well worth the money. The gearbox is a work of art as are the diffs etc. it really is highly rewarding, it's not something you will want to bash around after believe me, for me it was something you put max effort into the build, which is why I haven't painted the shell yet, as I'm using a dummy Mad Bull shell for practice to take my build skills to a new level!

I put the Bruiser off for ages due to the price of it but I'm so glad I finally plumped for it. It won't end with the purchase of the kit either, you will end up adding to it since there is loads you can get and do to it.

Cheers

Nito

• Like 1

I already own the F350 hi lift and the Hilux hi lift.

With the current exchange rate, Pound to euro.

I bought me a bruiser kit from Germany :P

Klausen,

you know you should buy another Bruiser :)

Nitomor

Great build thread, lots of pics

The Bruiser is such an awesome thing to build - the high lift is not in the same league.

Well after watching a film by Matteo rc movies called tamiya bruiser in the mountains on you tube using his bruiser in the Alps I,m sold just need to pay for the other kits I ordered first then its going on order hopefully next month

If you're planning to run this truck a lot then get a High Lift variant as they are way better runners than the bruiser. If you want a truck with way more scale appearance then go for the Bruiser as you won't regret it.

image_zps0b4929bf.jpg

• Like 1