lee1980

Possible re-re Bruiser for Sale

Hi, all possibly looking to sell my re-re bruiser, been built and painted so far and not best paint job I will admit. Box art blue with the optional driver figure painted to.

What is it worth never been run etc? In UK its still around £600 for kit.

New arrival baby later in year and other things possibly forces this as need space as my need to clear out 3rd bedroom currently my RC den and office lol.

I've had a price from two lhs for £550 and £565 nib

Tamico with shipment to UK £410 (Germany the new Asia :blink: )

That sounds cheap but if the UK customs decide to have you then your gonna end up paying loads on top of that £410

Thanks for new values, is anyone interested in one built and painted?

New vs Built. It's easy to put a value of NIB item in so far as you can compare directly to Tamico price, which is cheap at the moment courtesy of the exchange rate. I'm not sure if it is worth more or less fully built. There is huge pleasure in the build but equally it is probably the most challenging kit Tamiya do so it's difficult to put a value on a built one.

For those who don't want to build, as a point of reference, I spent 17 hours to build and get the chassis running, I was taking my time and documenting each step but equally there are many more hours of thinking, messing about with bits etc not logged. The body shell in my case has probably had that spent on it again and isn't even finished although others spend significantly less on the shell!

It is an epic and mammoth build. For someone who doesn't have the time or inclination to build, consider what at least 20+ hours of your time is worth I guess!?!

Any pics??

Hi yea for me the build has been epic and generally with most RC models I have found as got older enjoy the build more than running em!

I don't know how long it took me overall but as you said its quite a long while mine was built over probably 2 years lol.

True yea might some that want it ready to go to.

Can post some for sure.

Same here, I enjoy the build far more nowadays and really take my time to get it as perfect as I can, the Bruiser has taken me 6 months and is still not yet complete. The chassis was built mostly over the xmas holidays so in the space of about 2 weeks. The body shell is another story. There's something about the Bruiser that really makes you want to raise your game! I suspect I'll have somewhere in the region of 40-50 hours in mine by the time it's complete but then I'm adding lights, driver, optional wheels, hard top etc!

Built ReRe's I've seen tend to be up for £450 upwards. I wouldn't sell mine for that. Of course what radio/servo's/esc etc will also have a bearing on price. Saw a model shop selling a very high build standard example on ebay with decent components for £650 so I guess that's the price range unless it has more extras.

Cheers

Nito

I had not really even thought of taking the build time in to consideration, was thinking most would pay less as its built like lol.

I got mine I think in 2012 when it was very first released but a house move meant it I started it but had to put away for year nearly in end!

For sure the body is much harder to get nice, the finish on my paint is not greatest. I only have the slipper clutch but not added it yet.

but did want to get lights to.

I would probably just include esc unless they wanted the servos to nothing flash in mine really. I see so maybe 450-500 for mine then.

I don't know what they change hands at, there's one on ebay at the moment from Bath, with quite a few extras on it for £450 or best offer, paint looks pretty decent, comes with Servo's and ESC...at a guess he'd probably take £400 then potentially get fleeced 15% between ebay and paypal leaving him with £340! Go figure...

I'd personally say ask just under £400 ish as a start price if you need to sell. I don't think you really get back the build time unless the end result really is something special. You'd probably get £350 all day long on the forum and not have fees and messers to contend with, anything over that is a bonus.

Good luck with it, hope you manage to find a way to keep it!

Tricky to know i guess and depends on how much need to sell and how much buyer is prepared to pay.

Sounds about right really, im in 2 minds need to decide I guess and put it up with a price or not. First decision i guess to decide whether to run it or not to as now its still clean as new lol!

I wouldnt expect to get anything for build time more peeps want it cheaper as its built.

Me to lol, im thinking maybe sell multiple other cars and keep bruiser and run it and enjoy it.

With a baby coming you will be more likely able to justify a 150 new car purchase than another 500 purchase in the future. So chances of you getting another bruiser down the road are less likely than you buying another road car that would be a small portion of the cost... I think about selling cars every daybut would be hard pushed to sell the onesthatcost too muchto replace....

• Like 1

Decided to keep in end, as we are having a move around at home, my den will have more room lol and get more shelfs etc.

in future may lose it all if we have another kid lol.

I ran bruiser in back yard goes well luv the shift on fly, though my rear axle was not tight enough in mounts and moved plus front leaf spring mounts rub paint of chassis! ahhhhh lol

• Like 1