jeekelemental

Concerning Tamiya's Transmissions

Dear Mr.T, I own several Tamiya models and I'm a little (?) bit tired to note that EVERY single model I own can't handle something more powerful than a silver can! My Brat's transmission is a wimp, my Madcap diff slips as soapy, my Wild One tranny screams if powered by modified motor... Gosh Mr. T! Please pimp our transmissions!

I'm tired to have cars with open transmission on my the work bench!

:D

Wild One and re-re Brat share the same diff internals.

Grasshopper, Grasshopper II, DT-01, DT-02 and DT-03 and Lunchbox have transmissions where there's nothing to worry about. Similar things can be said about the transmissions of the TL-01 and its related chassis types WR-01, WR-02 and WT-01.

• Like 1

Tamiya's engineers did a good job. Over design leads to cost over run and hurts their bottom line. Doesn't the new model indicate the lowest Turn motor can go and what pinion gear should be used? I know most of us wants their model to be the badest, but power has a price to pay if upgraded parts are not used to handle the extra power. Case in point, a friend dropped a small block V8 in his 240Z Datsun (not Nissan yet)and within one day the tranny is gone.

• Like 1

Try a Blitzer - trans is bullet proof even on low turn brushless . For that matter i've never heard of a SRB trans failing when you increase the power ,

• Like 2

You refer to cars that are over 30 years old, they were fine back in the day when people ran 1100mah nicads and a silver can. Buy a more modern Tamiya and you will be fine, and even some of the old ones are bullet proof (GH etc)

• Like 1

We must make a company to produce mechanical hop ups for vintage Tamiya cars.

We can call it "Kontemax Racing".

Please send me the money at my Paypal address, I'll open the company.

Max

• Like 6

Problem is they are old models and the tech back then was not good ....so if you want super fast RC's get a modern model or another brand not Tamiya.

• Like 1

Problem is they are old models and the tech back then was not good ....so if you want super fast RC's get a modern model or another brand not Tamiya.

You will never see me driving or building a non Tamiya model, I'm not possessed by the speed demon.

Guys...

I was (only) joking :lol::ph34r:

I was joking but I realy know a guy that can do the parts if we are a good number of people interested in.

We must decide what model and what parts. I was thinking about the Hot Shot ball diff for a simple reason. It is common with many models like the HS series, the Fox, the Monster Beetle and other with few changes.

Astute parts should also be a good starting point imho.

Max

Max?!

http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowdfunding

Show us your projects and the Grand Council of Tamiya maniacs will decide case by case.