roughrider1980

New guy from Suffolk, England

Hi guys, just bought a vintage Rough rider complete that came with sand scorcher body,2 batteries, slow and fast charger all originally boxed.The RR is a runner but I'm currently sorting a few things out on it whilst doing so I'm trying to keep it as original as possible. I have lots of spares but no Manual with the kit so would appreciate some advice.I need to replace the front tyres, first question are they glued in?

Look forward to posting here,

Thanks

Paul

Regarding manual; I've sent you a PM.

Regarding tires; The Rough Rider and Sand Scorcher wheels are threepiece, so gluing is normally not required. Tamiya however recommended using silicone sealant between wheels and tires to achieve a "pneumatic" effect, something that was considered beneficial back then. If the included Tamiya silicone sealant has been used on your wheels and tires, removing the tires from the wheels should anyway be easy.

And btw, the original Rough Rider front tires have the Sand Blaster logo on them, whereas the front tires for the re-release Buggy Champ (renamed Rough Rider) come without the Sand Blaster logos, so unless your (original) tires are completely worn out, I would recommend keeping them.

Hi guys, just downloaded the manual thanks Mongoose, thanks for the info Mokei and I really want to keep the RR original but cant find any Sand Blaster original logo tyres, I have one in bad shape but haven't had any luck even finding another one or a pair so ordered the re-issue ones.Guess I could put a wanted on here see if anybodys got them.

Hi guys, just downloaded the manual thanks Mongoose, thanks for the info Mokei and I really want to keep the RR original but cant find any Sand Blaster original logo tyres, I have one in bad shape but haven't had any luck even finding another one or a pair so ordered the re-issue ones.Guess I could put a wanted on here see if anybodys got them.

You're welcome Paul. One of our friends here in TC, IBIFTKH, have a pair of original RR tires for sale:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=116376