Hey guys here's another which one thread.... :rolleyes:

So I have a chance to get a Bruiser at a good price but I also have been pondering the idea of getting a monster truck like the Agrios as well. I know they are very different machines but if you could choose only one which would it be and why?

I like and appreciate the Bruiser and was very aware of it during my formative Tamiya RC years in the 1980's. However, like many kids I couldn't afford it or the radio it required, and I really liked buggies at the time so I purchased a Frog.

Now with the re-release I have been tempted to pick one up but I'm just not sure it's for me really. It looks great for sure and the 3 speed vintage technology is cool but (I'm gonna get heat for this :ph34r: ) I can see myself getting bored running it..looking at it no. I'm not a crawler kind of guy but I do like scale RC's. Should I get it as a shelf queen? I have other Tamiya's that scratch the vintage itch though.

I kinda feel the Agrios would be a really fun truck or should I get a Bruiser to have a 3 speed? Any opinions? :wacko:

You may have a point because the Agrios could be the superior truck in terms of outright performance. However, the Bruiser performs to scale as much as it looks the part, too. It would depend on what you want out of your truck, really.

Personally, though, I would pick the Bruiser - ever since I had heard of the 3-speeds, I know I have always wanted one... May blow a lottery win on one :P

• Like 1

You may have a point because the Agrios could be the superior truck in terms of outright performance. However, the Bruiser performs to scale as much as it looks the part, too. It would depend on what you want out of your truck, really.

Personally, though, I would pick the Bruiser - ever since I had heard of the 3-speeds, I know I have always wanted one... May blow a lottery win on one :P

One could say the Agrios performs close to scale too. The way it jumps and bounces around and it has a bigfoot style body.... Just look at Matteo's video's on the Agrios (Matteo's videos are making me a poor man...lol) Video here:

https://youtu.be/YhaO3yMjg9Q

The agrios looks like a fun runner but to me the curvy body reminds me of inexpensive toy. If it were me I'd go for the bruiser. You'll enjoy the build more and running it makes you appreciate all the hard work you put into the body.

• Like 1

Your post answers your own question - get the Agrios but spend a extra 35 bucks on a new pick up body from Proline (I did).

I have both, the build is fun for each but I parked my Bruiser Re Re shortly after to stare at (Just sold it actually).

If you plan on actually running one get the Agrios - if you want fun.

• Like 1

Agrios is like the girl you want to spend a weekend with out in the woods with 200lbs of supplies to bring up a mountain. Bruiser is like the girl you want to be seen with in a 5 star restaurant. (not sure is the right comparison :lol:) Seems either way, if you purchased the Agrios, you wish you purchased the Brusier instead and vise versa.

I would go for the Agrios as RC is meant to be run (more fun for the buck) and only when you get older you prefer looking at it, kind of like old rich guys with their 25 year old trophy wife(s).

• Like 2

Thats exactly what will happen with a Bruiser...I will build it and just stare at it and putt around the yard with it. Then again...I could get a second body for it and just run it as it was meant to be run and have a nice body to keep nice. The truck is durable enough and will probably outlast me! Lol

Bruiser, I built mine as a Mounty a few years before the Mountain Rider was available. The build is epic, the body detail is epic, and runing it is epic. I have two bodies as well, one for a runer and one for static display. I ahd a clod buster back in the day, that is a fun type of truck, but the Bruiser/Mounty is where it is at!

This is precisely the reason why you have two kidneys. Sell one and buy both trucks. :lol:

• Like 1

Heres another of Matteo's videos of the Agrios modded with dual brushless motors, TXT1 tires and aluminum piggy back dampers. Looks pretty sick!

Here's another question...If both these truck were available back when you were a kid which would you choose? Bruiser? Or Agrios?

Mostly its about how and where you want to use it.

For me, the Bruiser is a nostalgia thing and the joy of building and seeing it run - and just simply having one - is what makes it worth the money. The Agrios is just pure rough housing and irresponsible driving fun - and as a bonus the build is enjoyable too.

I would never, ever, ever treat the Bruiser the way I would treat the Agrios. First off, it wouldn't take it, and secondly its just pure silliness and abuse to try.

Bruiser = sedate (with occasional donut) scale driving fun. Agrios = high speed, tire spinning, wheelie popping, airborne hijinks.

Which sounds better to you? Only you will be able to decide, but remember ... medically speaking you really only need one kidney and having both kinds of truck available is really the sensible and responsible thing to do.

Disclaimer: You should consult with your doctor before buying to decide which option is best for you. Serious, sometimes fatal results have occurred (such as buying too many toys without consulting "She Whom Must Be Obeyed" first). If you experience an erection lasting longer than four hours, well you probably did the right thing, but you might want to seek medical attention immediately - or at least set the transmitter down and watch TV or something until you calm down.

• Like 1

Ok well I probably get taunted now but....I went out and put money down on the Agrios. Thing is I love the Bruiser too but I already have lots of nostalgia (and the bad handling that goes along with it)...lol Just kidding. I have a scorcher, buggy champ and fighting buggy to satisfy the nostalgia bug. I just thought to myself if this was 1985 and I had both trucks to choose from I would have taken the Agrios. So that was my reasoning. But why do I have a hollow empty feeling in the pit of my stomach still? Lol...Im thinking about the kidney thing now. :0

I think you made the right choice. My question would have been, do you want to jump or not lol? I have both and drive the Agrios like I stole it. I have a very recent video(just actually finished the Agrios last month after having the box sit since launch) in the YouTubed thread.

I think you made the right choice. My question would have been, do you want to jump or not lol? I have both and drive the Agrios like I stole it. I have a very recent video(just actually finished the Agrios last month after having the box sit since launch) in the YouTubed thread.

I will check it out...probably seen it already...been scouring Youtube for awhile on both Bruiser and Agrios trying to decide. Im thinking I will probably still get the Bruiser though...if I can do it financially. Also Im at the point now that if I get any more RC's I will have to start hiding stuff at my mothers house..lol.

I still need a Frog, a Brat, a Hornet, a Lunchbox and an Avante. Then theres the Shizuoka show in May and whatever big Re-re that brings I will need. Oh boy...im definitely taking stuff to my moms to hide from the wife. =o

Full spectrum..

. Just look at Matteo's video's on the Agrios (Matteo's videos are making me a poor man...lol) Video here:

Ha ha ha you know your not in that boat alone my friend Matteo is responsible for me placing a order for a bruiser at my lhs. Its that video bruiser in the mountain IMO the best rc video I've seen and should be used by tamiya for publicity.

I had the same kind of quandry a couple of weeks back and the good folks on here pointed me in THE RIGHT direction.

The BRUISER direction.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha you know your not in that boat alone my friend Matteo is responsible for me placing a order for a bruiser at my lhs. Its that video bruiser in the mountain IMO the best rc video I've seen and should be used by tamiya for publicity.

I had the same kind of quandry a couple of weeks back and the good folks on here pointed me in THE RIGHT direction.

The BRUISER direction.

Yes Matteo is why I ordered the Agrios...he is a valuable resource for Tamiya and he should be rewarded by Tamiya if he hasnt been.

Which vehicle were you thinking about over the Bruiser?

Yes Matteo is why I ordered the Agrios...he is a valuable resource for Tamiya and he should be rewarded by Tamiya if he hasnt been.

Which vehicle were you thinking about over the Bruiser?

It was the choice between the bruiser or a 4x4 highlift. And was told I would regret buying a highlift instead of the bruiser

So the bruiser won and the good price my lhs has gave me it would be rude not to be make up there offer. But I gotta wait a month or so before I order it as I've already got a grandhauler a re re Willy's wheeler and another kit on order from them witch have to be paid for first

And hopefully they start arriving in next week.

It was the choice between the bruiser or a 4x4 highlift. And was told I would regret buying a highlift instead of the bruiser

I dont regret ordering the Agrios...but I still need a bruiser. Looks like Im going into debt on this one.

Well I have not long ago watched his latest video for his cc_01 lowering kit video and on his bench in the background he has both the bruiser and the agrios next to each other

Well I have not long ago watched his latest video for his cc_01 lowering kit video and on his bench in the background he has both the bruiser and the agrios next to each other

Yeah I noticed the same thing....I was comparing them both trying to figure out which would look best on my workbench...lol. I never answered that question.

2015-03-28%2010.03.36_zpsm1sijfni.png

Well, I did just this today! I finally got one to go with my Agrios. :)

I was going to order the Bruiser online originally but after looking around I managed to find a NIB Bruiser locally at the price it was before the Canadian Dollar went down. The CDN dollar tanking raised the Bruiser price to over $1000 CDN! :wacko:

So since I was there I also notice they had a Mountain Rider NIB... :rolleyes: So.....that ended up coming home with me today too...lol.

One thing, they are NIB but there are some small dents on the boxes..they aren't pristine boxes but I guess that doesn't really matter, I'm going to build at least one of them for sure. (Have a lot to build now :mellow:...and hide form the wife :wub: ...LOL.) My collection is multiplying with nowhere to stuff kits anymore, getting very noticeable LOL :ph34r: )

So now that I am becoming very poor very fast I have pretty much everything I want..and I sit waiting patiently for any new re-re's that are announced in May. :)

So...that's all she wrote for now...happy I decided to get a couple 3 speeds. The only thing that will totally ruin me financially now (but pretty close already) is a re-re Blazing Blazer, Monster Beetle, Porsche 959 or a Nissan King Cab/Toyota Hilux Monster. One can only hope...

• Like 1