shozz

Brushless CC01

Hey i just added a brushless motor to my cc01 and i am so far really happy. I did have to dial the power of the motor down to around 70-75% . And i also added a little expo. Any one else go brushless and is there anything that i need to know before i trail test it ? Thanks

What motor you put in? I thought about going brushless but had a 80t doing nothing so I used that.

I have seen the crawler specific brushless motors and often wondered what the winding equivalent was. I have 3 CC01 rigs (addiction) and I think the 40T motor was the sweet spot for Speed on the trail - I found 55T a bit too slow personally.

27T is way too fast though!

Hey brushless is just the way to go i have found out. The only thing that i have had that was a problem was that i was doing a little bit of crawling and its front wheel got hung up between two rocks and due to the diff being locked it snapped my CVD shaft but other then that its a must. Here is a link to the motor that i used. Lastly you do have to do a little bit of modding to the heat sink to get it to fit and also the geartrain cover. i will post the pics on my photobucket and add a link later today. Let me know if you need any more info or if you have any ideas or such thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/540-Sensorless-Brushless-Motor-4300KV-60A-ESC-for-1-10-RC-Model-Car-Vehicle-/191618058244?hash=item2c9d538804

Ok well i have had a chance to really drive this thing around and its just great. There is just one draw back and that's when you give more then 25% throttle the right front wheel does not touch the ground. That is only when just tooling around on grass or tarmac. I more then likely be able to ajist up the rear suspension and stop it but i don't think i will just do to it just looking sweet when it does it. Here is my Photobucket name Matt_Watkins1 check out the pics and i will post a short clip later on today. Hey if you guys could give me any feedback that owuld be great thanks