Sign in to follow this  
AndyjcClod

Tamiya F350 Junfac conversion kit is worth getting?

Hi All

I have been umming and arrring for ages as to if I should shell out the nearly £100 on a Junfac Suspension Conversion kit.

I have my F350 set up as a rock crawler but it gets stuck on the lower middle skid tray a lot so I think the extra clearance the kit looks like it will give and the larger 2.2 wheels will help.

Does anyone have any experience in these?

Is it a good upgrade in your opinion?

Warning. This post contains zero useful entries.

It looks like a nice bit of kit, but it also, unfortunately, looks like it plays havoc with your wheelbase - also mentioned in the Review section. Of course, then a new center section can be made, but that's whole new can of worms opened.

• Like 1

Saw it in rcmart. it looks good. My thoughts are, when it looks good it usually works well to. Skip the cocktails and desert for the next several dine out and you'll have the upgrade and without the added weight...on you.:-D

• Like 1

My experience of Junfac / Gmade items is all positive if thats any decision maker for you (Gmade R1, Gmade Clod Spider conversion, GMade xD piggyback shocks). They tend to have good quality/heavy duty rod ends so the links will be top notch.

Just be wary that Junfac/Gmade spares aren't widely available and if you check Junfacs/Gmade website for spares you can see numerous items are out of stock or discontinued, so don;t expect 10 years of spares availability.

• Like 1

Can't speak from experience with the F350 Junfac kit, however the Junfac CC01 kit is superb quality and very well designed, providing a significant performance improvement over the stock setup. Hopefully the same can be said for the F350 kit.

• Like 1

Get it , it works great .

ICAM0118.jpg

I have also the cocked tranny as well , BUT i have had to change alot to get that in .

As it would not fit with the Junfac kit .

If you would like more pic's etc , let me know & i will take some of what i did & why etc !.

• Like 2

You can pick the kit up for £65 on eBay... I've been tempted for ages, just haven't got round to it.

EDIT: Sorry - this just prompted me to pull my finger out and hit the button, and it looks like it might have been the last one... :unsure:

EDIT EDIT: It looks like the two part of the kit (4-links/steering servo parts) are still available separately, for a little bit more...

• Like 1

LOL Gruntfuggly that post made me laugh! I am going to keep umming and arrring for a bit longer.

Following the mostly positive comments on this tread I will probably get one soon. :)

The junfac 4 link suspension kit for the f350 truck is a good piece of kit, especially as it places the servo on the front axle.

lots more suspension travel.

you will need to replace the standard hilift shocks for some coil overs, and you also have to relocate the battery under the rear bed.

I have 2 of these kits and I highly recommend them, nicely made too

Another option if you want to keep the leaf springs is rc4wd deraluium springs, they are alot softer and give better movement. I looked at the junfac kit but the truck looks to jacked up for me. Makes it look unstable. Why not just buy a trailfinder 2 if its scale crawling you want.

they seem very stable and capable over the high lift range.

Just fitted mine. It all feels very good quality, and they include some spares of each bolt and nut which is a nice surprise (compare to Ikea)... instructions from the website are a bit vague, but it's fairly easy to figure it out. I already had a set of Integy hub extenders on, and combined with those I thing the extra height is just about right.

No road test yet - still waiting for the remains of Hurricane Bertha to get lost...

SDC10556.JPG

SDC10553.JPG

SDC10554.JPG

SDC10552.JPG

• Like 2

Road tested it yesterday briefly (when the sun came out) and it makes a big difference. Not saying it will climb the stairs or anything, but at least now there is a chance of keeping all the wheels on the ground. The problem I found now is getting too square on a edge, and getting balanced with *all* the wheels off the ground! :rolleyes:

Looks great and adds to the off road driveability immensely. I'm debating the conversion for my High lift build, although part of me says keep it stock to experience Tamiya's take on things initially.

• Like 1

Thanks Gruntfuggly it certainly looks excellent! I am still umming and arring of if to get it or not :/

Here's a few pics of mine,never tried it off road,too scared of scratching the paintwork but it certainly makes the F-350 look very imposing.

m7uhog.jpg

vpw1oh.jpg

25ewh6v.jpg

n3llw4.jpg

sw3ivt.jpg

• Like 4