Sign in to follow this  
Supa Ryda 90

Nova Fox Conversion 1 to 2 Dampers.

Hi everyone, now i want to submit, the conversion i brought to my novafox, changing from 1 horizontal cva damper, to 2 classic stand up position alloy dampers. I've designed on my own the 4 plates for the conversion with autocad, and after i've milled them from a carbon fiber plate. Anyone who want to bring advices and his experience about his thing is well accepted :).

post-44325-0-64366700-1432593024_thumb.j

post-44325-0-71950600-1432593669_thumb.j

• Like 3

You probably could make them smaller and thicker. They seems 2 mm thick, you can go for 3 mm with a lighter design.

Nice project anyway.

Max

• Like 1

You probably could make them smaller and thicker. They seems 2 mm thick, you can go for 3 mm with a lighter design.

Nice project anyway.

Max

Ciao max, sei di torino giusto ? io son di milano, quindi possiam parlare italiano se non è un problema :). le piastre sono di spessore 1,5mm, le ho fatte cosi alte perché avevo un set di ammo della 3Racing per la df-03ms che ho, che però ho deciso di buttare sopra la novafox, e quindi ho dovuto per forza adattare le piastre agli ammo e poi il tutto alla macchina, cosa intendi per lighter design ? ci sei su fb ? son contento che ti sia piaciuto. sei uno di pochi italiani che conosco a cui interessano le tamiya che di solito son strasnobbate e criticate.

stefano

Hi max, are you from turin right ? i'm from milan, so we can talk in italian, if it's not a problem :). The plates are 1.5mm thick, i did them so, because i had a seto of 3Racing dampers for my df-03 ms, which i've fixed on the novafox, and so i must adapt the plates to the dampers, and after, all toghter to the car. what you mean with lighter design ? are you on fb ? i'm glad that you liked the project. you are one of the few italian that has the passion for tamiya, which usually in the rc world are extra-cricticated !!!

stefano

Hi Supa Ryda 90,

yes, I'm from Turin, Italy.

I think you should use thicker plates like 2 mm to 3 mm and make them smaller. The thicker plates will keep the strenght.

This will give a better profile design, lighter to see.

Your plates are very massive.

Ciao, si, sono di Torino.

Penso che dovresti usare del carbonio più spesso, tra i 2 e i 3 mm e fare un design più rastremato. Il maggior spessore manterrà la robustezza.

In questo modo avrai un migliore design laterale della macchina, più leggero a vedersi.

Le piastre che hai fatto sono veramente massicce, troppo secondo me.

Ciao

Max

• Like 1

To Mastino

chi è che critica...??? :lol:

Who is that critical?

ciao mastino, ho visto che sei di milano, di dove in particolare ? io son di san donato milanese.. comunque un sacco di persone che ho conosciuto, dicono: eh le tamiya son dei plasticoni, non valgono quello che costano, se vuoi comprarti un buggy serio prenditi un yokomo o un Schumacher, in particolare parlo di quando tiro fuori la mia df-03ms, o addirittura prenditi un 1:8 losi o mugen (sul mugen sono anche d'accordo), però partono tutti dal presupposto che tamiya fa cagare in partenza e a me sta cosa fa imbestialire, non conoscono il prodotto, non si informano e pretendono di parlare, poi quando gli parli seriamente, ti rispondono ah non lo sapevo, ah di qui ah di la, vabè guarda solito pregiudizio che hanno gli italiani, non tutti perfortuna !! purtroppo ciò succede perché comunque tamiya in italia non ha distribuzione, o non è fatta bene.. io penso questo..

Hi mastino, i've seen you are from milan, where exactly? i'm from san donato milanese.. anyway a lot of peoples i've met, the say: well tamiyas are a bunch of plastic, they don't Worth as they cost, if you want to buy a serious buggy, buy a yokomo or a Schumacher, in particularly i'm talkin about when i pull out my df-03ms, or even buy a 1/8 losi or mugen(on mugen i agree with that), yet they start from the presupposition that tamiya sucks from the start, and this thing gets me mad, the don't know the products, they are not informated about tamiya, and they pretend to talk about it, yet when you start to talk to them seriously, the answer you, ah i didn't knew it, ah this, ah that, anyway, the same old prejudice that italians have, not everybody luckily !!! unfortunately this happens beacuse tamiya in itali doesn't have distribution, and/or is not well done.. i think that..

It's tipical from Milan people, believe me.

Here in Turin is similar but less than Milan that I suppose is the top in Italy for this bad behaviour.

Max

• Like 1

Hi Supa Ryda, nice to "meet" you. I'm living near Saronno, and Tamiya models was my first love and my consolation. When I want to relax, nothing better than Tamiya. For "serious" race ( let me say, seriuos is a really big word) i'm running my MBX7eco along the offroad tracks in Piemonte. About the presence of the brand in Italy... I'm agree with you. Underrepresented and overly expensive compared, for example, to Germany.

• Like 1

Mastino

Hi Supa Ryda, nice to "meet" you. I'm living near Saronno, and Tamiya models was my first love and my consolation. When I want to relax, nothing better than Tamiya. For "serious" race(let me say, serious is a realy big word) i'm running my MBX7eco along the offroad tracks in Piemonte. About the presence of the brand in Italy.... I'm agree with you. Underrepresented and overly expensive compared, for example, to Germany.

Why "meet" ? why is between comas? (comas = " "). ah i was born with Tamiyas, first with mini 4wd and after with rc models. Personally i think Tamiyas are very good or more as the Others producers, especially in 1:10, unfortunately Tamiya does 1/8 only with glow engine, and doesn't make an 1/8 EP like mugen or losi or team magic does. In fact, serious are only those are on nationals and internationals champs... for us seroius it's a big word. I was thinking to buy a TRF, again unfortunately is 1/10 and not 1/8 and also i was thinking to go on with 1/8, and leave 1/10 to relax as you said.. and so buy a MBX7ECO, i've found it at Modellismo Fioroni's shop in Casarile near Pavia, i believe you know it !!! is it good the mugen seiki MBX7Eco ? it worths the money that costs? if yes i'll 100% probably buy it before the end of the year 2015 :). Always with tamiya in my heart.

Perché "conoscerti"? perché è tra virgolette ?. Ah io son nato con le tamiya, prima con le mini 4wd e poi con i modelli rc. Personalmente, penso che tamiya sia equivalente o meglio proprio di altri produttori, specie nell' 1:10, sfortunatamente tamiya fa 1/8 solo a scoppio e non elettriche, come mugen, losi o team magic fanno. Si infatti infatti, serious sono solo quelli a livello nazionale o internazionale, per noi una parola grossa. Stavo pensando di comprare una TRF (ovviamente buggy 4wd), ancora sfortuantamente è 1.10 e non 1:8, e di conseguenza buttarmi sull'1:8 e tenere l'1:10 come relax, e quindi infine di comprare una Mugen Seiki MBX7Eco, che ho visto da Modellismo Fioroni a Casarile vicino pavia, credo tu lo conosca. Comunque, la MBX7Eco è ottima come macchina ? vale i soldi che costa ? perché la TRF costa quanto la mugen. Se lo è penso che comprerò la mugen prima della fine dell'anno :). Sempre però con tamiya nel cuore !!!

thanks / grazie

Stefano

jeekelemental

Nice ! LMHO you need to make a crossmember between the two Towers..

why are you laughing your head off ?? do you want to be the crossmember ?? personally we were discussing about tamiyas, and i think no need of a crossmember, if you think so you can do it. Wait wait, but if we are italian, wh we are writing in english ? can we write in italian + a translate in english ?

The words in double quotes because it is a virtual knowledge.

Actually i run a MBX7 eco and I think it's a fantastic model. The new one, MBX7R eco is better, but I think it's a better deal to buy on emporio2000. Michele is a friend, and he always sells mugen at good prices and give excellent service.

• Like 1

why are you laughing your head off ?? do you want to be the crossmember ?? personally we were discussing about tamiyas, and i think no need of a crossmember, if you think so you can do it. Wait wait, but if we are italian, wh we are writing in english ? can we write in italian + a translate in english ?

Mate, "Imho" means: In my honest opinion <_< "I" not "L". So if I wrote "Imho you need to make a crossmember between the two towers..." means that "secondo me serve una traversa..." it's only my opinion, just my two cents.

We are in a public board so everyone (italian or not) can write his opionion. It should be clear.

We are in a public board were the main language is english so we have to respect all the rest of users and write in english. It could be a big effort (and for me is) but it's polite and it is the only thing that matters.

• Like 2

Mastino

The words in double quotes becaue it is a virtual knowledge.

Actually i run a MBX7Eco, and i think it's a fantastic model. The new one, MBX7REco is better, but i think it's a better deal to buy on emporio2000. Michele is a friend and he Always sell mugen at good prices and give excellent service.

ok, maybe youa are also on moddelismo.net, that's where i've seen you too. OK i understood you have a MBX7R Eco, god to know as another option the emporio2000, maybe if i'll buy from him i'l tell him i'm a friend of you :). thanks a lot.

jeekelemental said

Mate, "lmho" means: In my honest opinion <_<"I" not "L". So if i wrote "Imhoyou need to make a crossmeber between the two Towers..." means that "secondo me serve una traversa..." it's only my opinion, just my two cents.

We are in a public board so everyone (italian or not) can write his opinion. It should be clear.

We are in a public board were the main language is english so we have to respect all the rest of users and write in english. It could be a big effort (and for me is) but it's polite and it is the only thing that matters.

Ok, sorry if you took it personal, but i understood the "I" shifty for the i , i'm really realy sorry, now i understand what you meant, yeap the crossbar is going to be made by few time. good opinion and good trick, Personally i thought it so.

yes yes, i know it's a public board and the main Language is english, but if read well what i wrote before, i wrote that after english, we could write in italian also for us to facilitate our comunication... English should go first anyway to let undrstand other pepoles whom are not italian to understand what we're talking about !!!!

Pintopower Posted Today, 07:32 AM

Ci sono troppi italiani qui.... :D

hi mate, do you wanna be part of us ?? ahhahahahahahaha how's it goin' down in Cali ??

italiani... brutta gente! :P

italians? ugly people! :P ( so, it's a joke).

• Like 2