svenb

TT02 type S, adjustable wheelbase?

Would anyone know if the Type S has adjustable wheel base like the regular chassis as i've seen that the S chassis comes with the fancy reversible suspension arms, and i don't think they change the wheel base just different set ups.

I have read that its wheel base is adjustable from 251mm(which is what i want for my capri shell)or 257mm, also read it's fixed at 257mm???

any TT02 experts out there?

sven

Nope the wheelbase is not able to go to 251mm. The reversible arms are just for more lower suspension mount points for the shocks.

Right! i wish sellers would get their facts right when putting up the spec's. i didnt think reversing the reversible arms made any difference to the wheel base, if that makes any sense :blink: as i think there the same as on my TA06's

I have the type s, and no wheel base can`t be changed. But just about any other tt-02 can.

I have the type s, and no wheel base can`t be changed. But just about any other tt-02 can.

Thanks,

Thats irritating as i wanted the fancy type S suspension but still use the 251mm capri body,

I wonder if i could use the steel braces and the droop things and everything else but the arms?

sven

Unfortunately not. There will not be any decent substitute for those arms, and the revesible arms are already quite narrow compared to many other brands.

^^ As above, I just done this with a FF03 to give me an extra 6mm of wheelbase so I can fit my Laguna BTCC body onto it. So doing it the opposite way from me, would decrease the wheelbase by 5-6mm, which would be perfect for you.

James

:)

This approach can work but you have to be exact or your car will handle badly, kind of negating the point of using the S in the first place.

If you are just bashing about the R version is good, it handles better than stock as it has the rear hubs and it is easy to make it the short wheelbase. The S is made for racing

I've stuck with the drift chassis at 251mm to keep the capri body! so just bought the aluminium steering sets, titanium screws and carbon damper stays to go with the rest of the hop ups,

i'll wait to see if a upper adustable camber set comes out.

thanks for the help ;)

sven