Sign in to follow this  
whahooo

Sand Scorcher Vinyl Sidepanels

Hello everyone,

i have a brand new Sand Scorcher Body, but i`m a little bit afraid of painting it.

I want a Sand Scorcher paintjob in "boxart" for my shelf, so i´ve ordered the blue Vinyl Sidepanels that are available on ebay.

My Questions:

Is it OK to Clearcoat over these Vinylpanels? (i know you should not clearcoat over decals becaus they shrink and expand with the heat/sunlight)

Should i really use these Vinylpanels, or should i try to Paint it with the french blue Spraypaint? (i´m not very talented in painting, and i don`t want to get frustrated)

Are there any Pictures of a Sand Scorcher with this Vinyl sidepanels? (i only know the IconicRC Sand Sorcher in Green/Sandcoulor that uses this Vinyl Sidepanels, but i´m searching for a Blue/White one)

thanks,

Whahoo

The paint job isn't that difficult, ( I managed it!!) just take your time and use good masking tape. The Tamiya tape is really good.

Also worth checking ebay for XB finished shells, they were quite reasonably priced by the time you add up all the paints, tape, etc.

I've already painted a scorcher shell and it didn't went very well (pictures in my showroom).

I always use tamiya masking tapes and they work perfect.

But i'm not very talented....

I don't get around corners, i'm not able to cut the tape where the cuts belong, I rip the tape, I get bleeds, ....

I only get the straight lines the way they should look.

That lowrider looks rad! Very nice!

But the paintjob itself isn`t really what i want. I don`t know if its the bright white (ill be using Tamiya racing white), the unpainted/stickered fenders or the missing Windowrubbers...

So i brought Tamiya racing white and french blue paint and try to get the paintjob thogether.

First i will try only to paint it white an try the stickers, if the missing fenderstickers bother me, i´ll try to paint the sheme with the french blue paint.

Ok, i´ve painted the body in Tamiya racing white and it turned out very nice.

But im to afraid to pait the french blue parts, so i decided to use the panels.

OR, because i have already a "not perfectly painted" boxart sandscorcher:

I try to make a Herbie out of the shell, but i dont know where to get good decals....

What should i do? Any Tipps?

Clear coating over decals is fine you just have to build up slowly, very fine mist like layers allowing them to dry properly, after the first 4 or 5 mist sprays have dried it will be fine, I have never had any decals go funny unless I have rushed or used far too much clear coat on the first couple of sprays,