Sign in to follow this  
zadsniktaw

Hong Kong shopping advice

Hi,

Lucky enough to be going to Hong Kong for Christmas so, where should I go to best fulfill my RC Christmas 'gifts to myself list'?

Best shops? Best buys?

thanks! B)

Do stellamodels and rcmart have shops you can drop by? Check their websites.

Mong Kok used to have lots of RC shops, but had been taken over by 2nd hand high end watch shops. Go there, look around and get a feel of the prices. Before that check out the prices for the web sellers like rc mart and decide where to buy. The shops will charge you more if paid by credit card. Is all cash deal. If you decide to go the web route, order it and indicate is for pick up and is usually a few hrs later your order is ready....as least is with rc mart.

I haven't purchase from LHS for a long time mainly i don't like the sales attitute and is out of my way. The web sellers .

Should you go nuts, consider mailing them back, the post office sells good cheap boxes without VAT...no VAT for any purchases.

Do stellamodels and rcmart have shops you can drop by? Check their websites.

don't know about stella, but rcmart has a boardroom with some models inside, no showroom and is about a 5 min walk from the MTR station. if you pay cash and no discount, use your credit card provided is already in US currency and you don't get hit for overseas transaction

Make Mong Kok your starting point. Be prepared to walk and search. Start at Dundas street and expand from there. It can take some time for the shop owner / staff to warm up. Don't take it to heart when they give you a blank stare, little bit of cantonese goes a long way. The shops tend to move ( short lease ), take any address info with a grain of salt, the shop may, or may not be where your source says it is. Howver, you never know whats around the next corner………………………………………… My wife hated it when i went to HK!!!!!!!!! Enjoy. Xmas, take some warm clothes, have some dim sum for me!!!!