Sign in to follow this  
BigSteve

Hobbywing Quicrun 1060 and Lipos.

Hi has anyone here used lipos with their hobbywing quicrun 1060 esc. I'm considering making a change to lipos in my neo scorcher that's fitted with a hpi firebolt 15 turn motor.

Steve.

Yes, I have one in my lunchbox with a brushed LRP motor (pink E), just set the jumper for lipo cutoff and off you go, my motor is way beyond the capabilities of the Lunchbox chassis and you notice the extra kick from lipo power.

Carl.

I've tried it on 5300mah, 5000mah and 4000mah packs from Tunigy and Zippy. My primary packs are Turnigy 5300mah 25c packs and I haven't actually got the stage where I've reached the cut off yet as they last ages. It's certainly my favourite of all the brushed ESC's I own, cheap and very versatile.

Carl.

I have run 2s and 3s packs without a problem, I am very impressed with the quickrun 1060 esc

Got my TEU-104BK wet. :angry::angry::angry: It would only run at full throttle with no brake or reverse. Replaced it with the waterproof Hobbywings 1060. Works great. I switch between a Gens Ace 4000 mAh 2S LiPo and a 4200 mAh Venompower NiMH ( both with Deans connectors). So, that little jumper to switch between low-voltage cutoffs is really handy for me. And I really like having the BEC, which the 104BK lacked.