b3nchy

Lunchbox appreciation thread

So as the tamiya lunchbox is arguably one of the most iconic cars from theyre range and one of rhe most fun cars to own i thought it would be cool to pool some ideas and pictures together. Please feel free to post up you own pictures of picture of LBs youve seen around!!

Thanks!!

I love the original colour scheme must admit!!

Mine looks nothing like it now though haha

Posted Image

• Like 2

Yep, everybody loves the LB's. Unfortunately sold off the Gold one, before I learned how cool they are.

IMG_1686_zps867f3ab5.jpgLBGold_zpsfb7baf85.jpg1_zpsb173a76d.jpg

• Like 3

before the yellow paint fell off,

P1020312.JPG

Now with gunmetal

IMG_20140521_010053852.jpg

• Like 2

Yep, everybody loves the LB's. Unfortunately sold off the Gold one, before I learned how cool they are.

LBGold_zpsfb7baf85.jpg

That gold LB is gorgeous!

• Like 3

The lunchbox has always been one of my favorites. It was one of the first vehicles I re-bought when I got into collecting. I did my lunch box a little differently.

image_zpsb39a495f.jpg

I've also been lucky enough to score a limited edition Snap On lunch box

081011009.jpg

• Like 6

Who DOESN'T love the Lunchbox?

Errr, I don't.

I tried to like it, even bought one nib when it was re-released, but ended up selling it still nib :unsure:

Not even sure why, it's not like I hate it, otherwise I wouldn't have bought one, I guess I just don't love it. :ph34r:

Lunchbox was the Tamiya that got me back into RC a couple of years ago, here are my two beauties:

Posted Image

• Like 3

You've got to run one to love it. Leaving it NIB will never bring you any enjoyment

• Like 5

You've got to run one to love it. Leaving it NIB will never bring you any enjoyment

Agreed :D

Watch this as many times as it takes you to break out the folding again ;)

• Like 4

It looks like Stephen Fry agrees with us. We were watching his "100 Greatest Gadgets" show on TV at work today, and RC cars were featured. The cars that appeared on the show were the Lunchbox, WWII and Sand Scorcher, with the Lunchbox getting the most screen time.

• Like 4

It looks like Stephen Fry agrees with us. We were watching his "100 Greatest Gadgets" show on TV at work today, and RC cars were featured. The cars that appeared on the show were the Lunchbox, WWII and Sand Scorcher, with the Lunchbox getting the most screen time.

Ah I watched a bit of that too but must have missed that bit :(

You could paint a lunchbox any colour (even poo brown) and it would still be awesome!

I have always wanted to buy 4-6 lunchboxes and paint them all different colours and take them all down the beach with my extended family and make a little track in the sand and go bonkers :lol:

Lunchbox cake!!!

getuserimage_zpsvxckb1bi.jpeg

• Like 7

Errr, I don't.

I tried to like it, even bought one nib when it was re-released, but ended up selling it still nib :unsure:

Not even sure why, it's not like I hate it, otherwise I wouldn't have bought one, I guess I just don't love it. :ph34r:

I don't mind the Willy or Pumpkin, but Lunchie, FarmKing, VW Bus... just not for me.

How is the LB different from the other wheelie models? The exterior is just a plain van that just doesn't do it for me. I like the Willy and Pumpkin because of semi cartoonish appearance with the Jeep and PU to Americans like steak and apple pie.

I love 'em. Best RC car ever.

And yet I've still never had one. Had a Pumpkin for 25 years though, and a Unimog on the same chassis. If Santa doesn't Lunchbox me up this week, I'm getting a new LB shell to go on it. Got a paint job in mind already.

Thats cool i like that. Is that. Tt01 chassis??

Anykne had any experience with the lexan bodies for these?? I have a hard plastic one ive modified and played with but id like a lexan one just for rolling Round on. How good are they? Dont want it to look poo

My old Lunchbox has been around with me since the early 90s - raced it at A1 yesterday and was thrashing everyone until a wheelnut undid itself and the wheel fell off :(

Love it though :)

iconicxmasbox.jpeg

• Like 2

I bought a used LB (should have held onto my old one) for my daughters's 7th birthday. She likes my Traxxas Stampede better so I'm going to have brushless Lunchbox now!