Quandry

Spot the mods - Top Force 58100

Hello chaps, I had a bit of an unexpected windfall this week...

I picked up a 58100 Top Force on an auction site in the last few weeks. The pictures were a little fuzzy/hard to make out and I could see that it had the wrong body (Neo Top Force), and I could see that the front hubs were not red and the shocks were blue, however I couldn't really see too much else. I thought it might make a good 'occasional runner' project to give a little tidy up and do some refurb work however when I opened it up I was literally stunned at the condition she is in! :o

When I say clean, this TF is so clean it hurts me to think about it. I mean, absolutely no scratch or scrape anywhere (including the screw heads), no grime, dirt, rust, or even dust to be seen! When I pick it up, I have to wipe my finger prints off of the FRP - I'm starting to think I should only handle this wearing gloves! If this buggy has moved under it's own power it's only at a snails pace on freshly vacuuumed carpet.

I know this post comes across as gloating, and I'm sorry about that but honestly I am just 110% gobsmacked at the condition of this considering I was expecting to receive a 'fixer upper'. Only problem is now, I need to keep my eyes open for another Top Force as I dare not try and run this one! in fact, I might need to source a lexan model case to keep the dust out of it - I've never owned a shelfer before but I think this one has picked me!

So, on to the fun part, this is my first ever Top Force, and because I didn't build it I am a bit green behind the ears to what on this is real Top Force and what is upgraded. Here are a bunch of pics, if you spot an upgrade/mod, please quote the pic and post underneath what you see. I hope in this way we can all share something of this interesting find!!! :)

WP_20141126_001.jpg

• Like 2

What I have seen so far (and I might be wrong):

* Dynastorm shocks

* (obviously) Neo Top Force shell/wing

* Black knuckles but no idea what they are?

* Steering servo is a Futaba digital

* Yokomo brushed motor/esc

* I notice while turning the wheels that it has a torque splitter fitted as when turning the rear wheels forward all four wheels turn, when turning them backwards only the back wheels turn

* The FRP edges have been sanded/sealed. It seems that whoever built this was very fastidious!

WP_20141126_024.jpg

One other thing I noticed is that the spikes on the tyres are the round type, not the square bottom type. Pretty sure that's not a mod though but is an original feature right?

Nice score, very nice, looks excellent that one.

Yep round spikes are the 'old' ones, for running go for the pin stripes and dishwheels.

Black knuckles are my options to, look better than the red, are normal DF knuckles (think hummer)

you almost got an evo setup if you think the frp parts away, grey 6mm ball thingies F&R universals etc. and the dyna shocks good choice.

the previous owner did a fine job.

ace!

• Like 1

This is a great find!

* Dynastorm shocks YES

* (obviously) Neo Top Force shell/wing YES

* Black knuckles but no idea what they are? Hummer or other trucks

* Steering servo is a Futaba digital YES

* Yokomo brushed motor/esc YES

* I notice while turning the wheels that it has a torque splitter fitted as when turning the rear wheels forward all four wheels turn, when turning them backwards only the back wheels turn YES

* The FRP edges have been sanded/sealed. It seems that whoever built this was very fastidious! Can't see this from the pictures.

Then, the front body nose of the Neo Top Force has been trimmed to fit.

This car is new built from scratched and spare parts in my opinion and is a mix of Top Force and Top Force Evo parts. This is Juicy. Sleeved Dampers were from Dyna Storm but also were an optional for the Top Force series.

Front square spikes and rear round spikes. They were two type of tires to use according the track conditions. Top Force has the squared ones, the Evo had the spiked ones.

Please rise up the rear end of the wing.

I will keep the Neo Top Force body, it is pretty rare.

Max

• Like 1

Max the decals are still available and cheap (think 6€)

• Like 1

Doh!

Max

Max the decals are still available and cheap (think 6€)

• Like 1