shenlonco

tamiya RC Unimog 406 Wheelie

Anyone know How long was this model available...lunch box chassis type?

Don't see anyone selling it in the US it looks pretty neat looking?

THANKS

Shen

Hi thanks guy's I am just wondering why these are not in the USA are they new models or very old why a place like tower hobbies don't have them?

Neither new nor really old, last year release or so. If you would like to know why Tower don't stock the Unimog Wheelie, well, how about asking them?

• Like 1

Neither new nor really old, last year release or so. If you would like to know why Tower don't stock the Unimog Wheelie, well, how about asking them?

Maybe was a bad seller so they did not re stock them?

Called tower they said they did not have it and they don't carry all Tamiya products ....this is the only model I seen that they did not ever get in if I recall?

Guess you can't buy one in the US unless you get it from Tamiya but there prices are way to high.

Thanks! Well, there might be other local hobby shops and web stores left in the US that aren't dependant on Tower's stock, are they? You should give them a try if you really want that car.

• Like 1

Thanks! Well, there might be other local hobby shops and web stores left in the US that aren't dependant on Tower's stock, are they? You should give them a try if you really want that car.

Hi I only found Tamiya to sell it off there USA site.

WOW Comes to $160.00 shipped!!

cheaper at Tamiya USA for $149.00 shipped and that was high.

Ha ha, OK maybe not :)

Spare a thought for us Brits though, we're looking at circa $200 for that kit if bought domestically!!

Our just get a lunchbox and buy the body if it's available separately

Our just get a lunchbox and buy the body if it's available separately

Already have a lunch box... how much is the body then you need the body mound probably end up being more $ this way to complete.

There's one on the bay for £30 + postage.

Neither new nor really old, last year release or so.

All 5 versions were released in 2012 and 58557 (with unpainted body) is officially still in the program. I never trust shops or country distributors on information about what's still in production or not. Often they simply don't have a clue and if they do, they're statements about availability are mostly based on what they have in stock, not what's still in production or in stock and available from Tamiya Japan.

Shouldn't be hard to source any of them.

All 5 versions were released in 2012 and 58557 (with unpainted body) is officially still in the program. I never trust shops or country distributors on information about what's still in production or not. Often they simply don't have a clue and if they do, they're statements about availability are mostly based on what they have in stock, not what's still in production or in stock and available from Tamiya Japan.

Shouldn't be hard to source any of them.

Wow 2012 they came out I don't ever recall them coming out... maybe that's why there is not a lot of them they must have been a highly unliked and unwanted model I did a search on you tube and there is only a couple videos ... must have been a failed selling model for Tamiya...

I also was thinking maybe going for the Tamiya 4x4 Toyota Land Cruiser 40 P/Up - GF01 model for my next model...I will have to start a thread asking about it.

THANKS

Guy's

Couldn't you just ask your nearest Tamiya dealer to get one in for you?

If Tamiya have them it shouldn't be much work for 'em

• Like 1

Wow 2012 they came out I don't ever recall them coming out... maybe that's why there is not a lot of them they must have been a highly unliked and unwanted model I did a search on you tube and there is only a couple videos ... must have been a failed selling model for Tamiya...

I don't see any reason to conclude like that. The model is still in Tamiya's program and customer-built Tamiya Unimog Wheelie conversions existed and were raced in Japan about 2 years before Tamiya released their version on the CW-01 chassis. Japanese enthusiasts simply shortened the bed on the Unimog body to make the body suitable for the WR-02 (WR-02: 172mm wheelbase, CW-01: 207mm).

http://www.ww2maniax.com/ww2_page/ww2_madmog.htm

At the top of the page there is a link to a (now defunct) article about that I wrote when I was still a contributor for Tamiyablog. (The article was deleted some time after I decided to leave Tamiyablog). The article presented my "Mad Mog", a shortened Unimog-body on a WR-02 chassis, which is where the guys at WW2-maniax got the idea.

My Mad Mog from April 2010, and possibly the first Tamiya Unimog-body on a wheelie-chassis:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.426425677484374.1073741832.208099459316998&type=3

The idea might have existed before I made mine, so my Mad Mog may not have been the first, but I got the idea myself. What spurred the idea was the existence of the Wild Willy Jr. and Tamiya's Unimog on the same Mini 4WD chassis: RC Wild Willy vs. Wild Willy Jr. => Unimog (Jr.) vs. RC Unimog.

Screenshot from the Tamiyablog article:

10561791_10152249046352407_5006905389105

That would have to be ems wouldn't it? Shipping on my mounty to australia was only $89, one of those kits to here would be about $40 at the most I reckon, probably closer to $30..