Mokei Kagaku

Grasshopper Black Edition in the pipeline.....

https://www.facebook.com/mokeikagaku/posts/659231960870410

My guess is that the Grasshopper Black Edition will come with the black wheels from the Watanabe/Black Metallic Hornet and either the body molded and factorypainted in black or "black" plated like the 58365 Midnight Pumpkin Metallic Special. I hope for some "alternative colour" chassis parts like on the Watanabe Hornet, but I guess they will all be standard black.

A TB-04R is obviously coming too.

Edit: 84412 TB-04R Chassis Kit

10408918_10152702350632407_7075026556327

I'm gonna be all over this Black Edition Grasshopper like a hobo on a ham samich.

We need pics!

• Like 1

My guess is that the Grasshopper Black Edition will come with the black wheels from the Watanabe/Black Metallic Hornet and either the body molded and factorypainted in black or "black" plated like the 58365 Midnight Pumpkin Metallic Special. I hope for some "alternative colour" chassis parts like on the Watanabe Hornet, but I guess they will all be standard black.

I've got such a soft spot for the Grasshopper this one will be difficult to pass up. Oh man, my wife is not going to ge happy. :o

I hope for different stickers colors as for the Lunchbox Black Edition.

Green on black is not a great color choice, better yellow, orange and red like the Hornet or the Hot Shot II for example.

Max

• Like 2

I hope fpr different stickers colors as for the Lunchbox Black Edition.

So do I, although I'm not too optimistic.

Green on black is not a great color choice, better yellow, orange and red like the Hornet or the Hot Shot II for example.

I agree that especially the dark green of the Grasshopper stickers will contrast too little with the (probably) black body. So would the blue "Grasshopper" logos and the black number stickers.

Yellow, red and orange would however make it look too much like a Hornet in my humble opinion. I'd like the stickers to be red, white and blue.

The other possibility is a white, blue and light blue tone on black.

Red with blue doesn't match very well.

Max

Black and green can looks super nice ...

!CEe8t6gBmk~$(KGrHqN,!lUE1F0mJsZzBNSDYwZ

in my opinion .. I do prefer Dark grey and orange...that's my racing colours :) all my cars are Dark Grey, White and Orange ... best colours ever!

• Like 1

You are speaking about big green surfaces with big black surfaces but a green stripe on a big black surface looses its colour force.

The black kills the green but reinforces the blue.

This is the rule.

Max

Black and green can looks super nice ...

!CEe8t6gBmk~$(KGrHqN,!lUE1F0mJsZzBNSDYwZ

in my opinion .. I do prefer Dark grey and orange...that's my racing colours :) all my cars are Dark Grey, White and Orange ... best colours ever!

The other possibility is a white, blue and light blue tone on black.

Yes, would be OK too! :)

Red with blue doesn't match very well.

That's just a matter of taste. I origin from a country with red, white and blue in the national flag, and to me, although I'm not a patriot, red, white and blue suit each other very well.

If you are from UK the red and the blue are not in direct contact but there's the white between them.

If you are French it's the same.

If you are from USA there's many white again.

Donbass flag is a blue cross (like a big X) on red but the shape of this cross is designed by white stripes.

I'm a graphic advertiser and the rules are clear: no complementary colors mixed together.

So no red/green (complementary) and no red/blue (don't remember if they are complementary or not but anyway they don't work mixed together).

If you don't believe it make a red writing on a blue paper (or the opposite) and try to read it from a little distance.

Max

• Like 1

If you are from UK the red and the blue are not in direct contact but there's the white between them.

Donbass flag is a blue cross (like a big X) on red but the shape of this cross is designed by white stripes.

I'm a graphic advertiser and the rules are clear: no complementary colors mixed together.

So no red/green (complementary) and no red/blue (don't remember if they are complementary or not but anyway they don't work mixed together).

If you don't believe it make a red writing on a blue paper (or the opposite) and try to read it from a little distance.

Max

I don't believe in "absolute truths" and I do believe in individual taste, thank you very much. ;)

Max

Blue and orange are complementary. Red and blue together just looks bad.

Max

I've taught Color Theory at college for years and Max is right, adjcent complementary colors in a design set up a "visual vibration" that is optically distracting causing the line between the two colors to blur and blend in our brains. This results in a haze of mixed colors that I refer to as the color "blech". You have to say it like your clearing your throat to get the full effect. ^_^ This isn't opinion, it's science. Complementary colors can be very powerful when used correctly, such as Christmas colors of red/green. I'd say as a general rule it's definitely a good idea to avoid using strict complementary colors in designs but when it's executed perfectly it can be VERY visually powerful. Rather, stick to a split complementary design (ie purple with yellow-green and yellow-orange), secondary (purple and green or purple and orange), a shading variation of the same color (ie white, light blue, dark blue) or a triplet (yellow, green and blue).

colourwheel01.gif

• Like 2

Thanks a lot for this information! Very interesting indeed, and I never questioned the science in Max' statement. Still, taste is an individual thing, and if I would think the colours of moss, coagulated blood and sunburned pigskin look good together, that's my privilege, just like the taste and preferences of all of you are! :)

• Like 2

my guess is it's gonna have the black edition rims like the metallic hornet....

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for this information! Very interesting indeed, and I never questioned the science in Max' statement. Still, taste is an individual thing, and if I would think the colours of moss, coagulated blood and sunburned pigskin look good together, that's my privilege, just like the taste and preferences of all of you are! :)

And, it's almost guaranteed that the color you see in your brain as yellow, blue, or sunburned pigskin is not actually the same color I see when viewing it. We simply agree to call the color of sunburned pigskin as such. Wouldn't it be amazing if we all had the exact same favorite color and we simply name it differently?

Rules are made to be broken Mokei. If you like certain color combinations that the "rules" say shouldn't be used together, use them anyway!

• Like 1

Am I the only one disappointed in Tamiya's new batch of releases? Really, a warmed over grasshopper?

• Like 2

I've taught Color Theory at college for years and Max is right, adjcent complementary colors in a design set up a "visual vibration" that is optically distracting causing the line between the two colors to blur and blend in our brains. This results in a haze of mixed colors that I refer to as the color "blech". You have to say it like your clearing your throat to get the full effect. ^_^ This isn't opinion, it's science. Complementary colors can be very powerful when used correctly, such as Christmas colors of red/green. I'd say as a general rule it's definitely a good idea to avoid using strict complementary colors in designs but when it's executed perfectly it can be VERY visually powerful. Rather, stick to a split complementary design (ie purple with yellow-green and yellow-orange), secondary (purple and green or purple and orange), a shading variation of the same color (ie white, light blue, dark blue) or a triplet (yellow, green and blue).

Suddenly, the Bear Hawk and TR-15T box-art schemes make sense, as well as the Dyna Blaster (and other cars, while we are at it). I remember this from high-school visual arts...

Will the Grasshopper Black Edition be just that? Or will there be a more dynamic type of black, a little like what we saw with the recent Hornet special? I do think a Grasshopper in that colour would look great!

Am I the only one disappointed in Tamiya's new batch of releases? Really, a warmed over grasshopper?

If the Black GH is the only re-re-re (re-release related :P ) model shown at the Shizuoka fair, I will indeed be disappointed. But as for Grasshoppers, I'd love to see something similar to this (don't remember who made this pic):

11138628_10152706877812407_7380928883202

• Like 1

Nope, Shodog, you are not the only one.

com'on Tamiya, give us something better...