Sign in to follow this  
Tamiya1/10

Any TC member has or know about F113 by 3racing?

Can anyone tell me the followings:

Will Tamiya rear diffuser for F103 fits the F113?

Will the bodies by Tamiya for F104 fit the F113?

Can i put none lipo battery and still has a good tight fit?

What Turn motor is recommended or the lowest T without making it impossible to drive? and finally...

if the electronics are for 2.4hz receiver will it fit or work with the other am receiver/radio?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

• Like 1

Tamiya doesn't have an F103 diffuser but my guess is you could modify the ones available to fit the 3Racing chassis.

Can't say anything about the F104 shell or battery compartment...

I wouldn't overdo it with the motor (maybe a nice 23T brushed), direct drive is a bit of an art to run anyway.

A 2.4GHz receiver will only work with other high frequency gear.

Hope that was helpful.

Thanks for the info. I want to find out the parts will work and get them all before assembly starts.I am finding out that other makes are gocusing on F1 and amazing stuff are out there.

And you are right, tamiya don't make any diffuser, is by Yeahing. Some web seller recommend 17.5t and i have read 9.5t both brushless.

If I may recommend one thing, don't get the uncut diffuser by Zen in any case.

A real drag to work on and when I was finished, I found out it shrunk during production and only just fitted.

These chassis can handle pretty much anything if it's setup right, biggest trick is cornering.

My personal favourite out there (whole different price category than Sakura though) is the TRF101.

yeah i saw the sakura, the one similar to tamiya f201 4wd f1, except sakura's is r wd drive only? i am more concern with electrical stuff including batteries as i don't want to invest a pile of money and take up more space. i can rip some of the old stuff from my shelve quees, but i bought the low profile servo from the combo and haven't really check if the plug will go on the old receiver.

oh do you know much about gyro ? i think will make my driving better but will there be enough room on the chassis (likely i think) and the body fit over it (not to sure). i am looking forward to the build and running it. Never experienced a F1 before. And when i retire it, provided is still in one piece, i will likely put a tamiya body and wings instead of the stock f113 body.

i just check the savox servo plug, it fits my old receiver. not i don't have buy a new radio and stay with brush motor and none lipo batteries.

I think the gyro could work with the chassis, but with the body I am unsure... Tamiya did make a diffuser for the F103, but it is prohibitively rare and thus expensive - it was listed as a hop-up for the Le Mans series cars like the Toyota GT-One and the Audi R8R.

I hope you find a good F1 chassis!

Those are GT cars and like you said, if one is available, i will likely have to do surgery on it.

i saw some in rcmart, for F1, but the discription for drift cars so bit confuse.

I got the F113 with quite a bit of hop ups as standard at $150, about $50 to $20 more than Tamiya's F103 or 4, but once start adding hop ups, will go over $200.00 for the Tamiya and all the left over stock parts. Tamiya has f1 by its TRF arm, but at twice the price and not sure will be better than the F113.

I think if anyone is considering f1 rc, check out the f1113 on youtube and may draw the conclusion is one of the best out there and cheap.

Some great videos out there indeed. B)

Even though I'm normally 'Tamiya only', I've never minded upgrading cars with 3Racing parts. Great quality.

This F car is one of the few outside the T brand that can bubble up much enthusiasm.

I think it's a great choice to go for, for the price of an FRP F103 you get an excellent carbon chassis.

Didn't know Tamiya made a diffuser by the way and hadn't considered a gyro. Both interesting comments!

You seem to know quite a bit on F1 RC. I am trying to get all the parts together and assemble them in one seating vs putting the project on hold until the part is available or retro fitting the parts, which could be a pain at time.

So far I found rcmart has the best price but not easy to get around or maybe is just me new to their site. Tamiya does make gyro for their drift and F1 but at 3 times the price of a brand (skyrc) from China, which looks identical to Tamiya except the color of the casing and wiring.

So far I am looking at the non Tamiya gyro, 16T brush motor, F/R and brake ESC good to 15T, 2.4 radio with a receiver (can't decide go for 2 receiver), plus the diffuser all around $150.00. That's not bad considered.

My only issue is will NiMh battery fit in the F113 chassis. The manual show nice and square Lipo, while NiMh battery is not exact same so no sure if Lipo is bigger then NiMh or the other way around.

Setup sounds good, not keeping a lot of 'buffer' between ESC limit and motor turns is less of an issue with direct drive.

You may want to consider fitting a simple silvercan for trial and necessary initial adjustment.

If you don't have special tyre gripper, WD-40 can be a good alternative for foams. Also for cleaning them.

Looks like you need a short type battery for it, that would mean Lipo is the only real option.

This guy's talking about a 96mm pack (nice video, great car by the way) :

I've messed around with just about every generation of Tamiya direct drive, apart from the F104.

Edit - that is, from the point where they started producing the 'universal' kind (so from the F101 on).

Lucky enough to have received most cars and parts as gifts so I have pretty much all chassis in the timeline.

Sometimes it's a combination of different generations like this one :

Grotefoto-TXQN3R3I.jpg

It has an F102 carbon chassis plate, F103 T-bar (a combo that gave the exact right wheelbase) and Group C hubs.

Plus a whole bunch of subtle upgrades...

Shell is also from a Group C car - the F40 :

Grotefoto-47TWZTXM.jpg

B)

There's something about the simple effectiveness of a direct drive that's very appealing.

• Like 1

Looks like I was blowing smoke with the battery size (should have stuck to what I know).

That would only be the case with a low profile servo installation and a fan at the back...

So I've struck some of what I wrote earlier.

:rolleyes:

I can only run my Tamiya Fs with a (large) NiMH pack if I take off the lower protection cap by the way...

There's something about the simple effectiveness of a direct drive that's very appealing.

Exactly what i was about to say, simplicity is appealing after looking at you uploads. The 4wd road cars are so busy looking that is kind of a turn off.

I called up 3racing and the rept there said regular nimh will fit but the show room model has the regular stand up servo. He is not sure if it will still fit using the low profile servo and not very sure if diffuser for F103 will fit perfectly as f113. But he did recommend brushless and lipo battery as they are lighter, have better overall performance and not as expensive as i think.

I will likely stick with my original plan, but may have to go with lipo if nimh won't fit. Darn, forgot to ask him which Tamiya F1 body will fig. i guess i will find out during and after the build if i wasted some parts :-D

F1 could be the next hit here at TC.

I think it's a chassis well worth going Lipo for. :)

My choice would be to get a short type so you can fit your other electronics more comfortably.

The front suspension's my favourite feature on the F113, looks a lot more effective than that of an F103.

Would be great to see a build thread of it! ;)

One part say try the brushless and lipo and the other side stay as before because will need to find another storage space for the lipo charger and balancer, plus concern about the safety record of lipo and i don't have a fire place at home to store them.

You seem to be into f1, so you should check out rcmart, if not already. Is cheapest of all the webstores including Stellar. There is a combo package for wolf f1 103 with a hop up package, but buy them separately, is cheaper.

is funny i was going to build something else i have after i upgraded my scx10 and xc from parts from rcmart and stumbled across the f1s available and f113 seems to be the best...best price, well design inclusive of upgrades and the front looks more like the real thing.

This will be my runner and who knows may end up going bushless, hence new esc, bummer, but i can use them in another model.

Seems like a huge leap to go Lipo but it should be fine with NiMH (somehow) anyway.

For sure I've ordered at RcMart and Stella. Banzai Hobby is another great store for F1 bits.

In general that is because they don't sell the Chinese brands (just Japanese).

Here's my own 'ultimate' direct drive by the way (mostly RS and GT but everything has been upgraded) :

Grotefoto-4BMKTX8X.jpg

Still, the front suspension would be no match for your F113. ;)

• Like 1

Those blue parts are just delicious, and a diffuser at the rear. I am really looking forward to the build, and may go head first into F1.

I had Tamiya F201 years ago, but i gave it away after building it without running it, so never know how, even a 4wd one, how at F1 perform. It seems simplicity is most efficient...kind of like natural beauty vs over make up model.

oh i foresee changing to rubber tires if not on the f113 but likely other future f1s.

please do post more of your F1 collections.

I do like the F201, even it's a bit of an odd car with it's 4WD and long wheelbase.

Been on my mind to fit a C11 shell on one as that would only work on a Group C chassis, F103L or F201.

The two cars I posted pictures of are the ones that are the most intricate builds...

Blue chassis has a GT-One shell on it but I do have two more that are really F1.

First in line is up for a complete resto and will remain without upgrades - an F101 Jordan :

Grotefoto-FQM3YBSZ.jpg

The chassis is interesting because most of the FRP is unique to this and I managed to find all original parts. :)

And lucky me recently won an 58235 painted in the Dutch Tamiya forum (Tamiyagekken) colours :

Grotefoto-CIN6YAQT.jpg

With an extra set of rubber tyres. B)

No shortage of F cars (or fever) here!

One thing about Tamiya F1 shells are really nice with the decals with front and rear wings. i guess they are from actual F1s.

I am now looking, only looking, at Tamiya's F103 Walter Wolf and yeah transformation kit. Would you know if the F103 parts fit the yeah? I found rcmart combo offers sometimes not compatible within the combo package, but overall good price offered.

First of all admitting I am not an expert on the F104...

The set you are referring to seems to be a kit to transform an F103 into a F104W.

If I understand it correctly, the answer to your question would therefore be affirmative.

Looking at it, I think only the front suspension is shared among these models.

To be honest, I don't really get such a transformation. Might as well go for an F104 if you do not own an F103 yet.

Now finding a good deal on a (used) F103 and fitting the #YRF1-Pro kit (on sale) looks much more interesting...

Edit - if you like original sponsor decals, you could look for an older Tamiya sheet. Many of the contracts with these sponsors have not been renewed by Tamiya so they can only be found on decals that were used in a previous era.

• Like 1

Took me a while to get it exactly. You'll end up with an F103-F104 hybrid. Not a bad thing in itself...

It's an F104 basis that you can put F103 bits on.

yeah i think you have all f103s from the photos you have posted, right? F103 have is wide and the tires too and the battery goes peroendicular to the chassis and the 104 is narrower, tire too and battery is parallel to the chassis for better balance. The wolf and yeah transformation kit kind of makes it a hybrid of sort. i will check out the yrh1 kit you mentioned, thks. The mrs. will be away so i could sneak another kit into the house, haha.

i am going to put the f113 together this week and see if i have time to try out the gyro. i am not a very good driver at all so and aid will help. the gyro is tiny like a dice,so should fit without issues.

Thanks for all you input...

Finally completed my NIB since 2010? Took me 18 days off and on with painting and decals took the most time. Is a F113 body with a Tamiya F1 Ferreria decals and painted using bright red. No hop up used other than adding a rear diffuser and added a gyro for my dinosauer like reflex.:-D

Tried to load finish built, but file too large, o well.

ok reduced the picso.
can't see it but i use drawer liner at the bottom of the chassis to reduce any road scratches.

• Like 1

For those considering F113 by 3Racing, the price at RCmart just double :blink: what I paid for, luck me. :)

I think I got the F1 bug. Now I am looking at Tamiya, yes Tamiya since my non stop Tamiya bashing, 84170 Pro F014 black special , which I can't tell the difference from 58431 F104 Pro w. body.