Sign in to follow this  
redzone

DT02 uprights on Blitzer chassis?

Hi guys, will 3racing etc alloy front uprights fit on the blitzer front end? The C hub part that is, not the knuckle (axle) part?

I have broken 2 in rapid succession so looking for a strength upgrade.

It all depends on how wide the gap is in the lower arms to accommodate the C-hubs.

Due to the Blitzer and DT-02 C-hubs having slightly different mounting hole locations, you'd also need adjustable upper arms and steering links as well, I guess.

I just tried a DT-02 original Tamiya C-hub on a Blitzer. I don't know if the 3Racing DT-02 C-hub is geometrically identical though. See pics below, upper pic showing the DT-02 C-hub temporarily mounted on a Blitzer.

Differences:

1. Measurement between upper and lower hole to which the suspension arms are attached is about 1mm larger on the DT-02 part, but with the Blitzer's rather simple suspension geometry, the effect on handling should be negligible.

2. Upper hole on Blitzer part is for 2.6mm for threading screw in, whereas the DT-02 part upper hole is 3mm for screw pin.

3. The "C" is located about 3mm higher in the hub on the DT-02 part, reducing ground clearance and stance by about that measurement.

4. The holes for the upright are about 2mm closer to the axis from lower to upper suspension arm holes on the DT-02 part, reducing width by about 4mm, which can be considered a good thing as the tie-rods on the original* release Stadium Blitzer and Blitzer Beetle are a bit too short for proper toe-adjustment in original configuration.

(*The original Stadium Thunder and the re-release Stadium Blitzer, Blitzer Beetle and Stadium Thunder come with appropriately long tie-rods)

5. The bottom of the DT-02 part is about 10.5mm, whereas the Blitzer part is about 15.6mm, so shimming between lower suspension arm and hub is required.

Apart from this, I can't recognise any significant differences.

10506603_10152206307037407_8085859412175

• Like 1

One helpful thing to know is the Blitzer C-hubs are able to take both older angled and newer straight steering knuckles, which is useful when mounting old style 3-piece wheels,or other wheels with small diameter like the Bear Hawk's front wheels. The DT-02 c-hubs are only compatible with straight knuckles.

• Like 1

Looks like a goer then. I have the dt02 turnbuckle set on already so I should be able to make it work fine.