fullspectrum

So where is the big re-release for this year?

Hey guys...so I am under the impression that the Shizuoka Japan hobby show is underway and that Tamiya usually announces a big re-re at this show. It's awfully quiet here regarding new re-re's and Tamiyablog just shows the Porsche 911 re-re. What gives? Did we get stiffed this year? :(

Been wainting with patience the last days, but doubt anything will happen now :( I really hoped for a rere Monster Beetle, 959 or Bigwig. Anyway, then there is still plenty to get for me, so I can start with all the rere's I have missed.

Most exciting car from this show so far, is the Tomahawk. For me, Kyosho took the lead in Shizouka this year.

Was the TA-02SW not re-re enough for you?

Maybe Tamiya are focusing on the 4 new chassis that they are releasing... Maybe folks didn't buy enough of the last re-re to make the process financially viable... Maybe we just need to wait a little longer...

Dorvack.

The TA-02SW is cool but like Klausen said..I was hoping for a Monster Beetle, 959 or Bigwig. Oh well probably for the best...I can't afford a new re-re right now.

Tall order! But this show definitely feels different for Tamiya this time; where it was re-releasing while Kyosho showed new products, we get something of a reversal. The Tomahawk is a show-stopper, but saying that Tamiya somehow stiffed everybody is somehow not fitting.

Yes, we have been waiting for a Monster Beetle or a 959, but we have the TA-02SW and a return of the F103GT somehow, and Willy's Wheeler has come back in a tremendous way. I get the feeling the Honda City Turbo was the big surprise, which is not pleasing for purists but if you gauge the reaction to these releases at the time, they may be seen as successes.

Tamiya was just a bit early in revealing its big draws, I guess...? Although at least the Honda City Turbo was controversial at the time.

Honestly, I'm glad to see some new stuff that looks worth having. Yes, re-releases are cool, but I'm looking forward to learning a new platform (MF01X). Besides, I'm guessing that we'll see a re-re announcement at the show in Germany. And my gut feeling is that it will be a 959 on the MF01.

• Like 2

Bigwig for next year imho, wasn't it launched in '86 which would make next year 30 years exactly!

Remember that the Fighting Buggy was released in 2014, or 32 years after the Super Champ... as a 30th-anniversary commemoration :P

The Bigwig was sold upto '91 iirc, so could be a long wait if they go from the end of production date lol!!!

I have the trusted information that there will be a Monster Beetle re-re this year.

And also the King Cab.

Lets wait and see! ;)

• Like 2

I also heard from a mate with trade connections that we were due a Monster Beetle re-re, but when it didn't happen at Shizuoka, I put it down to unfounded rumour, or perhaps a leg-pull. Maybe I was just impatient? We'll have to wait and see...

King Cab? That would be awesome!

The Monster Racer body would likely be offered separately (kinda like how the Avante 2001 bodyset was done). Doubt they'd release it separately as a whole different kit (but I suppose they could).

It would also likely mean a re-re of the Madcap/Saint Dragon later (like 2016). Just a few extra molds to dust off at that point.

And then the Astute. Oh yes! Make it happen, Tamiya.

I only realized just now that re-release anniversaries likely refer to the time between the last year of production and the re-release date. Silly me :P

I would bet the Monster Beetle is due soon, especially with few new releases of chassis with the ORV space-frame in recent times... a bit like the Lotus 99T and how that was one of the last significant releases for the F103.

As always, we really have to take it with a pinch of salt when people claim to have inside information on future releases. Remember when poor old mcovalsk got crucified last year with this thread? http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74841

However....

I've been thinking for a while that the King Cab and Monster Racer would be in line for a re-release, and I think both would be big sellers. The Monster Beetle though? I'm not so sure anymore. About 5 years ago It would have been a big success but nobody seems to talk about this one these days. Do they fetch big money on ebay?

I could actually see this one being more popular amongst kids getting into the hobby for the first time, over vintage enthusiasts. Which is no bad thing at all.

I would buy a Monster Beetle re-re in a heartbeat. In fact I'd probably get two - one to play with and one for the shelf that i can stare at and drool

Taking it with a pinch of salt, but i hope we do see it re-released this year.

+1 on the Monster Beetle. Next to the Supershot it was one of my two original cars in the 80's.

A re-re would definitely be on my purchase list.

Maybe they can even solve the gearbox problems for the release by using a strengthened box or a diff that's screwed together properly. Or maybe just a Super Blackfoot gearbox.

One can hope, but I'll wait for a definite announcement.

Would be cool to see more Beetle goodness from Tamiya. It'd lighten my wallet for sure. Let us wait in anticipation.

I have resisted the urge to buy any re-re (and the Wild one is soooo tempting) but I would go for a Monster Beetle....to scared to damage my restored one so a new runner with a full catalogue of spares available would be awesome :D

• Like 1

King Cab re release?
I really hope so and I hope with a modern ball diff and drive train.

Max

• Like 1

I'm definately buying the monster beetle. I'm hoping they release it 99% original with may be hex fitment wheels and a cure for the gearbox issues however they see fit to sort out. I've got a wt01 monster beetle already so please don't do that mr tamiya! :lol:

As for the kingcab. This is another yes, yes, yes release for me. As a kid I had one of these ordered from the local model shop for christmas but last minute I changed my mind and got a bullhead instead. I loved the bullhead but part of me regrets that decision. Hopefully I'll get a chance to put things right. :)

It absolutelly logic.

The body is already rereleased with the Sand Scorcher.

The chassis is already rereleased with the Frog and similar.

Monster Beetle rerelease is logic.

But I'm waiting for the King Cab rerelease.

Max

It absolutelly logic.

The body is already rereleased with the Sand Scorcher.

The chassis is already rereleased with the Frog and similar.

Monster Beetle rerelease is logic.

But I'm waiting for the King Cab rerelease.

Max

Me too, I would love to see the King Cab re-released but I think they would do the Hi Lux instead as that body is readily available. Would they really re-create that King Cab shell, I wish!!? Would be nice to get those tires again too :)

They have the same cost for each shell so why not the King Cab shell?

Max

Yeah a new CR01, the KingCrab with 4WS

;-)