Sign in to follow this  
BigSteve

Spektrum DX2E Tx

Hi all I've been browsing ebay looking at the the Spektrum DX2E TX's. Can anyone tell me why some of them have a standard type round and tall ariel and some of them have a stubby tooth like shape ariel. I've noticed both types on the DX2E model.

Steve.

looking at model numbers looks like different revisions of the same handset i.e newer version of same controller has a smaller antenna

as for the difference in use .. I has no clue I would also like to know.

As far as I can tell, the smaller sharkfin antenna has no functional difference to the taller wireless router-style one. I have a sharkfin one on my DX4S and a router-style one on my DX3C, and range is pretty much identical. Of course the sharkfin one is less prone to breakage...

Just found out that the DX2E V3 (the shark fin antenna model) now operates using DSM-R technology which is Spektrum's latest technology. It is however still backward compatible with the DSM & DSM2 receivers.

Steve.

I just messaged an ebay seller asking if the Orange RX GR300 was compatible with the DX2E V3 transmitter. This was the reply:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your inquiry, sadly after looking in to it, there seems to be an issue with the new V3 firmware which i believe blocks Non-Spektrum Receivers, so i don't think it will work, i will update the listing to let others know.

This is interesting if true as it will stop Spektrum radio users, with V3 software TX's, from purchasing these cheap orange RX's. I wonder what other Spektrum TX's have the V3 software and has anybody found they can't bind one of the orange rx's to their tx. Very sneaky Mr Spektrum (if it's true)

Steve..

It may be that in DSM mode ytou can use the rang RX, but in default DMSR mode not ?

I've not tried my DX6i yet, need to pull my finger out and get some Orange RX to try !

Hi the orange rx only is DSM & DSM2 compatible... don't know how many cars you have or are going to use with the radio but spectrum is on the bottom of the list for 2.4 radios... I would go for a airtronics MXV or a futaba or a ko propo to many problems with the spectrum radios..O and another side not all spectrum radios are noted for the springs to just break when toy are driving or even worse if it happens in a real racing event ... spectrum knows this it's been happening for many years but they don't fix the problem and keep using the same faulty springs in there radios!

Hope this helps

If you have the budget for a Futaba or KO handset, by all means go for it. However don't sneer at Spektrum - they make nice midrange units that, while not perfect, are nonetheless a significant step up in quality and ability compared to the Chinese cheapies, with better after-sales support.

That depends what you are doing you can get a futaba and a airtronics computerized 10 model memory radio for $100.00 far better than a spektrum.

Take a look at the $90.00 on E bay airtronics MXV it's awesome and has a waterproof receiver!

and futaba and airtronics 2.4 is much better and problem free unlike spektrums

And if you want a cheap but good quality hopping 2.4 system I would look at the 2.4 radio post radio look here read about it on the board it's like $50.00 or less and RX's like $10.00ea and from the guy's on the board above it's better than spektrum 2.4 technology!

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205672

Had a Spektrum DX2E for around 18months now as a 2nd unit to my Futaba unit (which is now replaced by a KO Propo EX-1 on order) Haven't had a single major issue with my DX2E apart from needing to use a power capacitor if running low turn brushless motors (quite common when running Nimh or Nicd cells). But my Futaba has been plagued with issues, yes its been repaired free of charge every time, but its still an inconvenience for a radio that cost £220. Sticks becoming loose, radio turning itself off for no reason, + a few other issues. :(

The DX2E is a basic radio, it does have Steering EPA, but thats pretty much it. Its lightweight, not bulky, wee bit plasticy (but much better than some of the items you see on the market) I use mines for my Madcap and my TA03 runners and as I said, I've never had a major issue.

If your using multiple cars, get a radio with multi car memory function, makes life alot easier.

James

:)

I prefer the Chinese radios to Spektrum. Owned a DX3C for 8-ish months so far and already had 3 steering spring breakages and 3 runaway rc's. Never had an issue with my HK-310.

The Losi branded spektrum RTR radios have a range of about 25-30m over here,

My lhs hates them, they cause so many problems and call backs for him.

I have about 30 Futaba radios too, love all of them.

Everyone has different issues with different radios.

hi fella's ,

i use a spektrum dx3r with 2s LiFe battery fitted , its now getting on a bit as i bought it the first week they hit UK shores ,

it has 5 cracks in the casework around the hand grip after many incidents :rolleyes: , it still works fine , but having used a few flysky's etc i can say the spektrum is way overpriced compared to the competition , when i bought the dx3r after many futaba failures and one hi tech failure( was hacked off and spending way to much on car repairs buy this time) it was the only real choice for 2.4ghz at the time .

I was going to get a new spektrum but am tempted by the flysky it4 genII , i had a go of a gen 1 and it had one major issue but this is now resolved otherwise it was really nice , it seems to feel like a radio i had used for years , you could say "very familiar feeling" , the only thing stopping me going for it is that i am planning to get a 1/14 truck and the MFU might have operational issues with it , if i can get it to work properly with a fully kitted truck the it4 will be the one for me . but if your current radio gets the job done stick with it , perhaps get a new tx running the same system that is more adjustable for racing so you can keep using all your RX's with both TX,s with just a quick re-bind where needed .

:)

Hi today I've had my first go of a DX2E. Not a bad piece of entry level radio gear but with a RRP of £49.99 here in the UK I wouldn't say that it was value for money. I don't think I'll be buying another on. I think for an extra £10 I'll stick to my usual Etronix Pro wheel handsets and pick up some Hobbyking HK3100's.

Steve.

Hi today I've had my first go of a DX2E. Not a bad piece of entry level radio gear but with a RRP of £49.99 here in the UK I wouldn't say that it was value for money. I don't think I'll be buying another on. I think for an extra £10 I'll stick to my usual Etronix Pro wheel handsets and pick up some Hobbyking HK3100's.

Steve.

Take a look at the one I linked in my post above.