Mokei Kagaku

CC-01L VW Amarok?

You may have seen it already, but I just stumbled over the manual for the WT-01N Amarok and looking into the part of the manual that's related to the body, made me think. As expected, the body can obviously be cut for a stock looking Amarok too, and it seems to have dimples for rollbar (?) and other body mounts. Measuring and calculating the chassis wheelbase against the body wheelbase indicates a body wheelbase close to 270mm, which is pretty close to the 267mm wheelbase of the CC-01L. So, I reckon nobody should be surprised if another Amarok is released, on the CC-01L chassis, which, I think, will make it look pretty good!

11156416_10152743683667407_422601546387811027523_10152743683662407_1317332543502

That is great news! I might be being woefully optimistic, but could a new CC-compatible shell hint at a CC-02 in the pipeline?

Nice to see that the full bumper moulding is there too, wheras those instructions call for larger wheel wells to accommodate the monster wheels. Will make for a pretty smart truck.

Now this body on a CR01 chassis with all the artic equipment on the back, roll bar etc, would look awesome. But in plain fashion, really not a fan of the body at all.

James

:)

You may have seen it already, but I just stumbled over the manual for the WT-01N Amarok and looking into the part of the manual that's related to the body, made me think. As expected, the body can obviously be cut for a stock looking Amarok too, and it seems to have dimples for rollbar (?) and other body mounts. Measuring and calculating the chassis wheelbase against the body wheelbase indicates a body wheelbase close to 270mm, which is pretty close to the 267mm wheelbase of the CC-01L. So, I reckon nobody should be surprised if another Amarok is released, on the CC-01L chassis, which, I think, will make it look pretty good!

11156416_10152743683667407_422601546387811027523_10152743683662407_1317332543502

I used the tire dia. as a factor to calculate the body wheelbase, thus getting a body wheelbase of approx. 240mm.

Could be wrong though c'',)

I used the tire dia. as a factor to calculate the body wheelbase, thus getting a body wheelbase of approx. 240mm.

Could be wrong though c'',)

If I remember correctly, the diameter of the Blackfoot/Bruiser tires is about 120mm. And indeed, that would indicate a body wheelbase of approx. 240mm. Also the WT-01's 281mm wheelbase considered, the sideview also indicates a body wheelbase of approx. 240mm, which is close to the CC-01's regular "short wheelbase" version's 242mm.

I originally measured and compared with a drawing program, and must have made a major mistake. And the wheelbase of the body certainly did look quite a lot more shorter than the wheelbase of the chassis than the calculated 270mm, and that should have made me reconsider, but instead I trusted the calculation. I deeply apologise for that.

Still, it makes me believe we'll see this body on the CC-01, but in SWB rather than LWB configuration.

A real Amarok is quite a big vehicle - certainly a fair bit larger than the SWB Pajero that Tamiya based their CC-01 shell on.

Does this mean that this isn't a 1/10 model of the Amarok? If so, what scale would you maths types put it at? (Or is it simply that Tamiya's Pajero shell is a bit on the large side for 1/10 scale?)

A real Amarok is quite a big vehicle - certainly a fair bit larger than the SWB Pajero that Tamiya based their CC-01 shell on.

Does this mean that this isn't a 1/10 model of the Amarok? If so, what scale would you maths types put it at? (Or is it simply that Tamiya's Pajero shell is a bit on the large side for 1/10 scale?)

I think this says it all:

11159535_10152746601142407_4737572986009

The Tamiya Amarok body has a scale wheelbase of 1/12-13, and judging by the body proportions, the overall scale must be close to that as well. Even the significantly longer chassis wheelbase is smaller than 1/10. But then again, Tamiya RC-models that are exactly their "official" scale is rather the exception than the rule. Think of the Hilift F350 vs. Hilux for instance. Same size models, but very different sizes as 1:1 vehicles. Or the VW T1, which is a lot smaller than its official 1/12 scale.

According to Wikipedia, the fullsize 2-door 2nd generation Pajero has a wheelbase of 2420mm, which means that the Tamiya model is exactly 1/10 scale, at least wheelbase-wise.

If I remember correctly, the diameter of the Blackfoot/Bruiser tires is about 120mm. And indeed, that would indicate a body wheelbase of approx. 240mm. Also the WT-01's 281mm wheelbase considered, the sideview also indicates a body wheelbase of approx. 240mm, which is close to the CC-01's regular "short wheelbase" version's 242mm.

I originally measured and compared with a drawing program, and must have made a major mistake. And the wheelbase of the body certainly did look quite a lot more shorter than the wheelbase of the chassis than the calculated 270mm, and that should have made me reconsider, but instead I trusted the calculation. I deeply apologise for that.

Still, it makes me believe we'll see this body on the CC-01, but in SWB rather than LWB configuration.

No need to apologize ;-)

There's a pic there too...

Tamiya-58616.jpg

Not a fan of the Amarok myself but would like to see more real life bodies, a newer Hilux would be nice, but in a hard shell please ;)

The hotlinking thing isn't a copyright issue, but a server traffic cost issue, and thus not appreciated by some website owners (including myself when I once had my own website). No need to take a jab towards Tamiyablog.

Thanks for sorting that Dorvack.

I once had a video hosted on my site and it used the entire months bandwidth in about a day, had to take it down or the costs would have spiralled.

Cheers

Nito

Tamiyablog doesn't allow image hot-linking, even though the images aren't his / hers / theirs to begin with... Which is kind of silly in my opinion.

189962tp.jpg

Dorvack.

Now that doesn't look too bad after all!

Looks great, just wish it were bigger. Everything else in my fleet is 1/10 scale, and this would look odd in comparison.

Looks great, just wish it were bigger. Everything else in my fleet is 1/10 scale, and this would look odd in comparison.

Same with almost all 1:10 scale models tho - most of them are not correctly scaled in order to fit over whatever chassis is flavour of the month right now. It bothers me, but like many things, I've learned to overlook it :D

• Like 1

[Threads Merged]

80d128318488316737650c784ab2d742.jpg

Has anyone else seen or heard of this? It appears Tamiya was listening when all the complaints came through about the original on the WT chassis. Thankfully!
In my opinion this is where this body belongs. Much more scale and it would have similar performance to it's full sized counterpart.
Though I already own a CC01, I think I will have to pick one of these kits up as well.
:)

Yes, this was discussed not so long ago. I've got the WT-01N version and the body has marking holes for the WT-01, CC-01 and CR-01 chassis so it appears this was the plan all along.

It looks good on the CR-01 :D

amarok-cr-01-1.jpg

• Like 6

It looks amazing on the CR01 chassis! Especially with the drivers.

Thank you for the info Truck Norris

Is the CR01 or CC01 for that matter a capable chassis? I have very little knowledge of either, but I do fancy the custom CC01 land cruiser and was considering a rock crawler and wonder how the CR compares to Axials and the like!?

Neither is a thoroughbred crawler, but the CR-01 is significantly more capable offroad than the CC-01.

Taking a stock SCX10 as a benchmark, a CC-01 would struggle to keep up with it even if highly modified, whereas a stock CR-01 would easily keep up, and probably leave it behind.

• Like 1

Taking a stock SCX10 as a benchmark, a CC-01 would struggle to keep up with it even if highly modified, whereas a stock CR-01 would easily keep up, and probably leave it behind.

Lol

Wow, really XV, I thought the SCX10 was supposed to be like THE crawler to have judging by the comments on MSUK. How about CR01 vs a Junfac 4 link 3speed high lift?

Thanks

Nito

CR01 vs Hilift, the price of the rockstomper is unbeatable and really can take a beating. Gearbox is bombproof. + for the HL the hard bodies but that's it.

• Like 1