Matt888

Brushless esc and motor combo

Would this be any good for my Tamiya Sand Scorcher?

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=42936

I'm using a Turnigy nanotech shorty battery.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=34366

Would I still need to use a lipo alarm with this or will it cut out automatically? Also could I do away with the ubec for the rx?

You may also want the program card!,,,, then you can set the voltage cut off, acceleration, brakes, timing, etc.

Oh and that motor is a bit fast for a scorcher :o:D:D,, you wont ever stop wheely-ing.

KV X Voltage = RPM

4250 * 7.4V= 31450 RPM

I think the standard silver can is 14000 RPM?

Thats similar RPM to a rebuildable 27turn stock motor a few years back 28000 - 32000RPM. So depending on gearing and electronic timing etc should be ok.

James

:)

You may also want the program card!,,,, then you can set the voltage cut off, acceleration, brakes, timing, etc.

Oh and that motor is a bit fast for a scorcher :o:D :D,, you wont ever stop wheely-ing.

KV X Voltage = RPM

4250 * 7.4V= 31450 RPM

I think the standard silver can is 14000 RPM?

Is this what your talking about? How do you use it?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__29659__Turnigy_TrackStar_ESC_Programing_Card_UK_Warehouse_.html

The scorcher is savage enough with the tamiya esc and standard can, best order a new shell and chassis then 😁😁😁.

I don't think that is the right program card, you need the one suitable for the 80amp ESC.

Yes the ESC has a BEC output of 6volts so that will be fine for your servos and radio gear.

New tyres would be a good idea. :D

I don't think that is the right program card, you need the one suitable for the 80amp ESC.

Yes the ESC has a BEC output of 6volts so that will be fine for your servos and radio gear.

I'm not sure it's right either one person in the q and a section said yes and one said no, so I asked one of hobbyking tech staff and they said yes it is compatible I've got the transcript of the conversation so if it's wrong I'll be letting them know.

Also can you fit 4wd to a Scorcher?😂😂😂

You were right about the programme card only the top light illuminates, haven't had time to get onto hobbyking, also haven't been able to take the Scorcher on a road test either.

I took the Sand Scorcher to the beach today, all I can say is "oh my god".

This beast is now mental, definitely need the program card so I can set it up properly.

Yes, I think that's the right card.

Did you film any of your beach runs?

Yes my wife filmed a bit on my phone, I'll get it on YouTube and post a link.