Vrdetailing

Align T-Rex 250 build

Think I could build one but not sure I could fly one

I takes a long time to learn to fly a heli but well worth it ..

A lot of setting up on a collective pitch heli

Awesome. I love RC choppers. Never game to buy one as I know flying will end in tears.

The performance of electrics since brushless and lipo has been available has jumped in leaps and bounds. I still am a fan of nitro ones though - the noise!

I had a heli phase which was from about 2006-2010 and in that time I must have got through at least 8 450 size, two trex 250's, gaui 200, trex 500 and Thunder tiger raptor 50. Used to fly most Sunday's and once in the week and I would crash at least once each time an spemd anywhere from £10-£100 fixing them.

I then discovered two things, one I was never going to be an ace heli pilot so may as well give up and two, the elfite mcpx brushless rtf . The best heli I have ever owned. Why? You can fly the mcpx in your garden however small or even in your house if its big enough and then crash it repeatedly including flying into a brick wall before picking it popping it back together and fly again!

Enjoy your 250, your a better man than me cos all I ever thought was that it was like trying to control a mosquito on crack cocaine and red bull...!

I have had an MCPX and also own a MSR.. And several walkera..

You are spot on the little ones bounce..

Over a 120 size and you bend feathring shafts and main shafts like mad if you have a minor spill.

I also have many Quads.. If you crash a quad they always break..

I used to (try to) fly a 450 size helicopter. It was a hobby king 450 sport and it was unbelievably good value for money at the time. The problem I had was I would crash it half a dozen times while learning a new skill so it took a very long time to progress with it. I finally gave up when I was able to hover in all orientations but one day while hovering at head height the feathering shaft failed in some way and the blades flew off the heli at such speed they were never found. I realised that if they had came in my direction threy would have caused me some serious injury.

Oh, the feathering shaft did have thread lock on it.

Likewise my favourite was a blade mcp.

I also had a standard 450 clone and like you say the quality was very bad but the 450 sport was actually very good. Carbon chassis and lots of alloy parts and it all fitted together and flew very well.

I have tried most things rc, but nothing comes close to the fun that a heli brings to me.

I started out with a Thunder Tiger x50 nitro two years ago and I have loved every minute.

I took my time even though it is hard and I haven't crashed yet, Now i'm starting to do loops and rolls.

The cars and planes are now just nice for show and the occasional run.

Well getting the bird flying was a challenge.

Two of my remote receivers from HK were faulty.

I purchased a genuine spektrum

I found out when I tried to fly that the DX6i will not present the gyro gain to the 3GX controller using a remote receivers

So I fittted a traditional receiver and finally got it flying.

A real pain

These are very god quality kit with come with a lot, two skilled flyer even fly those inside the gym but 250 size are like 1/18 size, its too fast/scary inside and outside it very small and fast in secondif you out of vision, if you carry bigger you will fly bigger. Blade 300 or 450 are visible.

And I had to says that They are twitchy to fly (twice with 3gx) and carbon version wont survive in crash, at this size you need plastic part becauseit touch ground lot much:p

Same problem with Trex150, too heavy, and big motor to lift it up that made explose cocktail. In that case you are better with stock version Trex 250Plus with yellow gyro and some plastic parts.

But your is just soo cute!

Nice buy!

Agreed..

My 150 is too fast to fly in the house and needs Zero wind out side or its a handfull..

The 250 is not for indoors really and only light winds outside.

I also have 4 100 sise heli for indoors.. Two walkera and Two Eflite.

Now quads are a whole different ball game ans will be building a tri soon.