mikef350

Esc help needed please folks

does any no if a ripmax quake unlimited esc will run x2 motors in my jugg?has any one ever try'd it?

never tried but it should be fine , as the esc is unlimited you should be able to get a pair of quite low turn motors in there . :)

cheers mate

thoughts what iam thinking.i want to run x2 torque tuned motors on 16t pinions (which are 1 tooth bigger than stock pinions) and i found this on the net

263dic4.jpg

wtafdk.jpg

hes runnng x2 14 single motors conected to an old tekin rebel esc

no worries ,

if you run 2x 14 in parallel as per the pic the esc will see a 7 turn load , with sport tuned the esc will hardly break a sweat , do watch the motor temps though as the clod is quite a heavy old beast and with the increased pinion size they may get a bit hot , i think it will be fine ,

have fun shredding :D;)

I run 2x Super Stock RZ motors in my Twin Detonator on a single Ripmax No-Limit ESC and the temps never get above luke warm so you should be fine. If you get motors with removable end bells you can even back the timing off if temps do climb too high.

Do make sure you use decent connectors throughout though (deans or similar) as current draw will be fairly high.

sweet cheers steve.bet thats got some power ant it.i love the stock rz motors and may have to try that my self

If i was to fit x2 stock rz motors would be best to drop down to one under stock tooth pinion size?which would be 14t

and also what pitch is the pinions for the jugg?they look same pitch as hornets,wild one etc etc

Yep drop down a pinion size to keep the motor temps down. I would actually use BZ motors or failing that TZ as they are better suited to off road applications due to the stand up brushes giving slightly better torque with only a slight sacrifice in max RPM.

Banzai sell these motors dirt cheap, just don't order multiples in a single order as that will send you way over the £15 customs limit. I usually put several orders in along side each other and choose the super cheap £2 delivery option.

http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control/motors-brushless-motors-esc/tamiya-motors-esc/rc-super-stock-bz-motor-off-road