Sign in to follow this  
BigSteve

2WD Front Tyres.

I've just been browsing the web looking at front tyres for my DT-02. I found two types of tamiya wide grooved front tyres soft and standard/hard.What are the pro's and cons'of both types and when/what sort of ground would you use each type. Also are foam inserts needed.

Steve.

Usually the softer compound will give you more bite and give the buggy a little more on power steering.

There are types of DT-02 front wheels (super-narrow and narrow). The super narrow wheels as found on the HB/SR/SFG will only fit the super-narrow ribbed tires already known from their respective models.

The regular narrow front wheels do fit pretty much any 2.2" buggy front tyre from other manufacturers. Remember glueing them and using a DN-01 front wheel foam insert for best performance.

There are 2 types of DT-02 regular narrow front tires by Tamiya (ribbed and "minipin"*), and each is available in 2 compounds.

Hard compounds are long lasting, but lack in grip.

Soft compounds have more grip, but wear faster.

*sorry, don't know the exact name, but they are also found on the DT-02 Nissan Titan kit (not RTR) and TRF-201. From what I know, these front tires are the same as found on the DB-01 front as well. I think Mokei knows best if these are identical.

Fox / Wild One front tyres fit perfectly on the 2WD Star Dish Front Wheels. Try this on your HB or SR, I insist !

I would link to my HB2010 in showroom for ya but I'm on my phone....... Again

They're nice and soft and look more vintage too btw

I found these Losi diamond pattern tyres are a good all rounder for hard surfaces as well as loose gravel, dirt and even sand. They fit straight onto the standard narrow front wheels you get with the HB2010 etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400292525644

Hi will these tyres fit the standard DT-02 Desert Gator front wheels.

Steve.

I assume so, mine are fitted onto what was a Violet Racers front wheels :D They do need gluing though.

5F824AA1-E747-4F0B-817D-01FD956A39B2_zps