Sign in to follow this  
lentner3

4x4 M03 conversion, which shocks?

ok i have an M03 which i need to by at least 10mm. would like more travell in the shocks and also more ground clearance/ride height.

whats the longest shocks i can get away with and is there such a thing as a ally shock tower for these. It is two fron ends bolted together giving me a twin motor 4wd set up. i also have these installed whichlifts it up slightlybut noit enough.

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=63801

I have a brat lexan shell totop it with but its still drying at the moment.

I was going to try 65mm shocks but not sure if they will fit. anyone tried anything similar.

I intend to bash this around in the woods. It is an old project that i've just resurected.

i'll try and get some pics up at some point but a bit tricky with my old phone.

You could fit the car with M-05RA uprights which raise the ride height without the need for longer shocks.

3Racing make carbon shock tower braces, but I don't know of any alloy ones.

I found 55mm shocks to be about as far as I wanted to go on my rally M-03. Anything much longer and the suspension deflects so far that the camber goes negative and the steering tierods start binding on the gearbox.

You could probably go for longer shocks if you fitted TL-01/FF-02 suspension arms. Come to think of it, that might be a good idea anyway - the narrow M-03 track width might look odd under a Brat shell...

• Like 1

Why don't you try adding some longer shock ends or even shock shafts (think 3mm screws) to the Kit friction shocks, and see if you can get the ride height that your after.. Then its just a simple matter of measuring the length of the modified friction shocks, and buying oil filled shocks that are the same length..

• Like 1