Sign in to follow this  
topforcein

peardrop or bubble windows

I have a future project coming up and it will include peardrop or bubble windows.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to get some

Look around a store at the various clamshell bubble packs for products. I did then when I needed a mount that held the plastic motor top low enough under the hood of my Midnight pumpkin. I ended up using half of the packaging some batteries came in.

These will eventuly go into the side of a lunchbox shell. I would prefer to be tinted but if it comes clear I can smoke tint them

That lunchbox looks GREAT atm I think my windows will be a bit bigger as I got a couple of caps from a corneto type icecream today and tbh they don't look bad but if I don't like them I brought a sheet of poly from my lhs yesterday the chap there said it will mould o a form with heat so I will be giving that a go in the week hopefully. I already have my paint scheme. And I saw some airbrush paont on ebay last week and the colours they do are unbeleivable the paint is I poland and will cost around £10 deliverd. I've got my lhs pricing up the complete lb body kit so will knw what thats gonna set me back Tuesday. Can't wait to start this but he windows are my first thing to do.

I'm thinking most clamshell packaging & anything you can vacform would be too thin/flimsy.

if you don't mind spending $$ I'd go hunting for 6" Buzz Lightyear figurines, his space helmet could be the go :)

Or those kiddy toy gumball machines, plenty of clear spheres there.

The gumball spheres sound like a great plan but the size scale might be an issue.

I tryed the poly sheet idea yesterday.

I tryed heating a piece over a small paint can but I coud'nt get it to form propperly mind I only used a haidryer but it got real hot

But I need somthing slighty larger in diamiter to form the window.