Sign in to follow this  
Ahrenkiel

Tamiya Scania - sticker advice

Hi Tamiya-freinds

I have started my first Tamiya build, a Scania R620 and have reached the point where the first stickers are going to be Applied. My earlier build have included decals, which seams a bit easier, as they can be moved around to the correct position.

Not so with stickers, one of the first ones (luckily a small one) went wrong at had to be moved resulting in peeling of the paint. Not so good!

Any advice in applying stickers would be nice. I'm a bit scared about the big sticker for the cab-sides.

By the way, below is a link to Flickr with some Pictures of my build so far. I think it´s quite nice so far.

More Pictures are on there way.

Regards Johnny

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134686869@N07/20601702776/in/datetaken/

That looks great so far !

There are ways to get them on and move them, some use a soapy solution to put on the decal and then wipe it dry, I also think windex or window cleaner works BUT I'm not certain.

Hopefully someone will post a solution, the Scania is a nice piece to assemble.

Thanks for the answer. Tried the soapy Water with a few small stickers and it went well. Now i'm les worried about the big stickers.

Regards

Johnny

I always use window cleaner (Windolene or such - not the cream obviously) for positioning stickers, get the surface nice and wet and you can move them around to get them where they need to be - then work out the liquid from the middle with a soft cloth.