mcruss

I'm gonna sell my NIB 1990 Bullhead #58089 What should I ask!

Hi, everyone, I'm in need of money, I reluctantly decided to sell my new in box Bullhead #58089, original 1990,

I just don't know what to ask for it, if anyone has purchased a nib original Bullhead or sold one recently I would appreciate the Tamiya Club knowledge.

...any thoughts, or ideas?

Thanks all.....

Here is a link to some photos, I couldn't figure out how to load them on TC

https://www.flickr.com/gp/32553849@N04/5en638

http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/mcrusty01/media/tamiya%20bullhead/WP_001044_zpsuxkxi0yu.jpg.html?sort=3&o=7

If you do an eBay search and then check "Sold listings" on the left hand side you can see recently sold items. One went for £281.05 a few months back.

700 USD are too much in my opinion for a currently re released model still on sale.

Max

at the moment I would keep it because the likes of eBay and other selling sites are a bit rubbish for collectors items (good for buyers not for seller's) people want things for nothin at the moment, i had a set of white avante 2001 rims and tyres unused a few months ago and somebody offered me £15 cash if i dropped them off at his house which was about 20 miles away AND he was serious!!, and because your bullhead is original you want the write price I would say about £400-470 if not more but I feel at this time ya not going to get that and of course don't forget the lovely eBay fees!!!

When looking at things from the seller's pespective, it's really unfortunate that by 1990 Tamiya started cutting costs by not using real auto brands for either, their RC vehicles AND sponsors. That means the re-release is identical to the original BULLHEAD. No specific decal differences, nor parts differences. From the RC enthusiast perspective that is totally nice, but to someone wanting to sell the original one it's really, really bad news.

Now, I haven't had the chance to see the box of the re-release. Perhaps the new ones are made in Philippines like the new Frogs? As we all know, back in 1990 Tamiya cars were made in Japan. That might be one important difference, but then again I'm not sure about that. Anybody knows where the new BULLHEAD is being made?

Again it comes down to what someone is willing to pay, its worth atleast $600usd.

Depending on condition, if excellent then atleast that.

I picked up my NIB Orig Clodbuster for USD $450 posted to Australia from Europe. Think $600 would be paying well overs for it IMHO

I picked up my NIB Orig Clodbuster for USD $450 posted to Australia from Europe. Think $600 would be paying well overs for it IMHO

Finding an original Clod Buster shipped for that money is a great purchase!

• Like 1

"I picked up my NIB Orig Clodbuster for USD $450 posted to Australia from Europe. Think $600 would be paying well overs for it IMHO"

Again it depends on the condition, do you want it for a collectible or to build? Does the box quality matter?

$450usd is quite a good deal well done. Im just going off the price of all other kits, and the bullhead is certainly better than say a hornet nib kit.

Id pay $600usd for one if i was after one.

If one can be found cheaper thats great jump onto it.

Condition of box and kit is very important in determining value.

Thanks Erich, unfortunately its not a "Chevy".

The box is immaculate for what it's worth

• Like 1

Yeah its a shame it is so close to the rerelease. Main differences are the hardware colour, msc and P/E switch exchange for a twin motor esc, and motors. I have a lovely restored original and also the box, inserts, manual etc and I doubt I could sell it.

If I was to purchase a NIB one I would only pay marginally more for yours than a rerelease, because they are so close.

Hopefully you can hang onto it and sell something else, as they are a beautiful piece of kit.

20130619_154236_zpsb1424864.jpg

• Like 2

I can't load pictures, I shrink them down to below the size needed and it still won't let me, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong..

I put a link to some pics I took today, but would like to have them on my thread.

Thanks,

Russ

I can't load pictures, I shrink them down to below the size needed and it still won't let me, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong..

I put a link to some pics I took today, but would like to have them on my thread.

Thanks,

Russ

I haven't used Flickr but can you grab a img link of the photo and post it in your thread?

Thanks,

Russ

Hi Russ. It's easy. You need a photohost, and then just paste the images. Here's something that might be of use to you.

vMELcWI.jpg