Sign in to follow this  
lucasan

Futaba Receiver With Spektrum Transmitter

I've been having all sorts of problems with my Futaba Mc330Cr and Spektrum Receiver. I've thought about getting rid of the MC330CR and just getting an ESC that will work with my Spektrum receiver. Problem is, with the money I have invested in this thing, (purchase price of $65, plus another $20 to send it to Futaba and have them send it back to me) I figure it might be better to hold on to it for the future. -OR get a Futaba receiver and try running it with my Spektrum transmitter. I've already been through listing it on ebay for well below the retail. No bites. Do you guys think this should work to mix the two brands with receivers and transmitters?

you've lost me... Futaba 330 is an ESC (speedy), not a RX (receiver)... they should play ok

330 works fine for me driven from Spektrum SR3000

what transmitter are you using? is it binding ok with the RX before you start programming the ESC?

the main issues i've had with my 330s is that it sometimes doesn't like non-Futaba equipment with 50:50 trigger throws;

can be fixed by switching to 70:30 or when that's not possible i've physically limited the brake travel

symptom of this has been during programming, it exits prematurely when programming the 'brake' stage

and doesn't complete programming

best to try setting full ATV for throttle fwd but throttle back @ say ATV 50%

also try flicking servo reverse on CH2 and retry programming

-OR get a Futaba receiver and try running it with my Spektrum transmitter.

Futaba FASST RXes will not work on Spektrum transmitters

Willy, you're using a Futaba MC330CR with a Spektrum SR3000? when you've tried doing 50/50, does it stop andomly, reset itself and then restart? Do I set the throttle ratio with the ESC or the transmitter? Thanks for getting back to me. All help is appreciated.

yes if it exits in the middle of programming your radiogear's throws are outside of what the 330 will accept

i last used a 330 with SR3000 in the Egress camcar for vintage enduro as i needed something with reverse & DSM.

I run Spektrum modules in EX1 Mars KOs.

Usually they will program ok but if they won't, reduce the ATV (endpoints) down a bit & try again.

When i tried a 330 with a AM EX1 KO (with no throttle ATV on this particular unit),

i had to paste in a little block to make a new backstop for the trigger to stop it moving so far

only then it programmed & worked fine.

Different radio brands may have different centre positions for neutral eg 1.50ms vs 1.55ms etc

yes if it exits in the middle of programming your radiogear's throws are outside of what the 330 will accept

i last used a 330 with SR3000 in the Egress camcar for vintage enduro as i needed something with reverse & DSM.

I run Spektrum modules in EX1 Mars KOs.

Usually they will program ok but if they won't, reduce the ATV (endpoints) down a bit & try again.

When i tried a 330 with a AM EX1 KO (with no throttle ATV on this particular unit),

i had to paste in a little block to make a new backstop for the trigger to stop it moving so far

only then it programmed & worked fine.

Different radio brands may have different centre positions for neutral eg 1.50ms vs 1.55ms etc

See, this is where the newbie in me factors in. I don't understand about 90% of what you just said. But thanks, again, the input is very much appreciated. I'm on the fence as to whether or not to sell this thing now. I have an offer in for my 330 but can decide not to accept if I can make it work.

you haven't mentioned what Transmitter model you're using so i cannot tell what features its got :D

if its a Spektrum pistol then its got digital controls... you want to access the End Point Adjustment (= EPA or ATV) via the menu

set the EPA for full-throttle to less than 100%, try 70%

set the EPA for full-brake to say 50%

try reprogramming the 330 after setting the EPAs

Ahh, ok. It's becoming a little more clear now. I use a Spektrum Dx3.0