Cooltoys

Tamiya Fighting Buggy with hop ups

Just received a Fighting buggy/super champ couple of days ago. Excited to build this one.. :) Its going to be built with hop ups i collected over the years...

Which chassis should i use?

sp_zpsd68b5314.jpg

sp4_zps3ffb709c.jpg

sp3_zps7dd40a71.jpg

fb1_zps4e0c4601.jpg

Don't know I would go with the better chassis the black one looks like it has more hop up parts to the kit.... would go with the black one!

• Like 1

I'd go with the blue one.....what all hop ups you got for that?

Have a few roll cage,ball diff, etc..

fb6_zpsa97a0cc8.jpg

That rear roll cage is for a Sand scorcher/Rough rider. The super champ had straight legs in the rear that bolted to the bumper.

That rear roll cage is for a Sand scorcher/Rough rider. The super champ had straight legs in the rear that bolted to the bumper.

Your right Shodog took the wrong one for the pic.. Oops...

fb12_zps2042feec.jpg

Assembled the gearbox & bumper

fb13_zpse9d6e592.jpg

Updated rear shock support

fb14_zpsaea80427.jpg

Haven't decided on the chassis. Any opinions? :-)

If you've got the top plate in blue to go with the blue chassis, if not then it would be the black.

Rich

Got a few things done.

Ball diff is assembled

fb17_zpsf577a965.jpg

Shafts installed

fb16_zps912dd5b5.jpg

rear arms, bearings, bumper & shock arms

fb18_zps27258dec.jpg

• Like 1

I was looking at the fighting buggy looks like there was something missing.. Found out it was this one.. Loved this pic..

fb19_zps993657c5.jpg

Comparison pics of the original & re-re grey bumpers & Original super champ & new fighting buggy body.

fb9_zps7f6690d9.jpg

re-re color

fb10_zps022422d1.jpg

group pic

fb7_zps4c51fd08.jpg

Re-re on the left.

Original on the right side. Notice the re-re is lighter in color. Seems like it is more durable plastic compared to the old brittle one.. :-)

fb11_zps6af99cfe.jpg

• Like 1

Another fantastic rere from Tamiya! I´m a bit surprised no one is selling parts for it yet? I´m looking to buy a body and a front bumper. For starters that is... ;)

• Like 1

Is the body that same waxy-feeling plastic as the Holiday Buggy body? I hope not, because i'd like to see these in something besides blue...

The body is made from ABS. These are it's markings on the underside.

20141020_170635_zps9b3b3590.jpg

• Like 1

Another fantastic rere from Tamiya! I´m a bit surprised no one is selling parts for it yet? I´m looking to buy a body and a front bumper. For starters that is... ;)

From what i heard maybe sometime november parts will be available... :) :)

Is the body that same waxy-feeling plastic as the Holiday Buggy body? I hope not, because i'd like to see these in something besides blue...

I don't really think so... I don't have a holiday buggy to compare to though..

• Like 1

From what i heard maybe sometime november parts will be available... :) :)

Body sets have already started to filter through. I got some from ebay last week.

The Holiday Buggy body is made from polyethylene. It's a completely different plastic to ABS.

• Like 1

Body sets have already started to filter through. I got some from ebay last week.

The Holiday Buggy body is made from polyethylene. It's a completely different plastic to ABS.

Haven't seen that yet.. How much does it sell for? :) Might need a few of them for my projects..

Haven't seen that yet.. How much does it sell for? Might need a few of them for my projects..

$63.00 + postage which equated to just under £45 per set. Not cheap, probably down to the possibility that there will not be an official body set what with it being a limited edition kit, so parts are going to be made available separately. Parts included with each set were the main body, decals, metal roof and B parts.

They have not arrived from Japan yet mind, so I hope I haven't jinxed myself. :lol:

$63.00 + postage which equated to just under £45 per set. Not cheap, probably down to the possibility that there will not be an official body set what with it being a limited edition kit, so parts are going to be made available separately. Parts included with each set were the main body, decals, metal roof and B parts.

They have not arrived from Japan yet mind, so I hope I haven't jinxed myself. :lol:

That is quite pricey plus postage too... :( Which seller was it?

Got a few more things done on the buggy. Decided to use this alloy chassis at the moment. Might switch to a different one later or something..

fb20_zpsaca231d2.jpg

Assembled the front end.

fb25_zps9856cd71.jpg

I see that he got more in stock today. Not surprising to see them gone already.

Would be nice to buy some of them. Unfortunately no budget at the moment...:-(

Have to sell some of the buggies & rc stuff first..

A little update on the project. Replaced the chassis again & installed new crp or rch rear cage & side bars, crp under guard etc. :)

fb27_zpse1dd5653.jpg

fb31_zpseed798e0.jpg

fb30_zpsf1c00845.jpg

• Like 1