Sign in to follow this  
pastimesteve

Asiatees - Chinese New Year issues?

Hi guys -- I recently placed my first order with Asiatees, so I'm not sure how reliable they are, other than what I've read here and elsewhere. Although their site makes no reference to Chinese New Year-related impacts on their business and communication, I'm wondering if it's the cause of their less-than-stellar communication.

After placing my order, I had to cancel a couple of items. I communicated to them via email a couple of days ago, and I've received zero response. The order has stayed in the "pending" phase for more than two days. Normally, I wouldn't make a big deal out of a two day delay, but their site promises speedy responses via email.

So, do any of you other gentlemen have experiences with Asiatees in the last week or so? If so, what was it like?

I guess my biggest gripe, is that if a Hong Kong-based shop is going to experience delays due to the Chinese New Year, their site should make note of it to warn customers.

Thanks,

Steve

As you have mentioned would be ideal if they would state their off days, but they may figure is similar to Christmas where almost everyone knows will be a few days off without the need to mention it. The world is truely getting smaller, a quick google would indicate different practices and holidays for country to country.

The world is truely getting smaller, a quick google would indicate different practices and holidays for country to country.

Certainly, I understand that and am aware of such things. In this case, however, it just requires some simple communication on the part of the store, especially since I reached out to them and they boast quite a bit about their customer service. Anyway, they shipped the items with no response. Oh well.

Steve

Chinese New Year holidays starts on the 19th, but most business close by noon on the 18th just like 1/2 day work day before Christmas holiday. Also HK is 12 hrs ahead of New York so is around 15 hrs ahead of your time so even if you did email them on Wed, they may be closed already and their prority is to ship their orders out before the 4 days off. (Some business may not go back until Tues. or Wed.)