LeeMutz

Tamiya TA05 - What's it best used for?

Hi guys, Been away a while so thought I'd get back into RC, just bought a HPI Bullet Flux

And...

Just bought myself a Tamiya TA05.

It has a carbon chassis, and a few alloy upgrades, and an EZrun/Speedpassion 120A ESC with Speedpassion 10.5t sensored motor.

I'm torn between having a touring car and a drift car...

1/ Can anyone with a bit more experience tell me what this set up would suit best?

2/ Also, how do I know what LiPo's to use? I have 2s which I assume would be OK, how do I find out whether it can take 3s?

3/ what size body shell? I want to buy one or two smile.png

Here are some photo's of the actual car I've just bought

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance

Lee

45EE7FA6-DE2E-4235-954A-E44E1283531D_zps

A4757348-1F87-42EB-BCC2-38B336AAA1C1_zps

0F710E47-511E-4DC6-909A-1E8526F03602_zps

2A8A14FA-B319-4782-A34F-B5C1D2F09797_zps

27827C38-C8AF-437E-AC76-80FF845C1BB9_zps

The TA05 was a popular choice amongst the members of the touring car club I used to race with, so I would vote for a touring setup.

The TA05 is a standard size electric touring chassis, so any of the numerous 190mm race shells would fit.

The TA05 was a popular choice amongst the members of the touring car club I used to race with, so I would vote for a tourng setup.

The TA05 is a standard size electric touring chassis, so any of the numerous 190mm race shells would fit.

Thanks a lot :) I was thinking touring car set up. Its geared for top end at the moment but comes with various pinions too...

Gotta try and find a vauxhall cavalier now (long story)

I have one as a Drift car with a one way diff and another totally stock.

Both Great cars .

Looks like thats a Brushless setup in there..

You can fit 3300 softcases oe 5000ma hard cases in mine

Yes its a 10.5T sensored brushless combo... I have a couple of 2s 5200mah which should fit that I use in my Bullet :)

I can't say in all my time when I ran my TA05R racing that I ever saw a carbon chassis kit at all for it, apart from the very rare TA05 MS. So not sure what chassis set that is, looks like a bit of a mash up of parts to me. Possibly a TRF 415 top front deck and mounts, lower deck actually looks like a TRF 416 deck ? Personally I would ditch the carbon chassis plates and try to source a TA05R carbon reinforced chassis tub which at the best of times was far too stiff anyways. Usually when racing I would actually use a stock TA05 plastic tub as it gave some flex and actually yielded lap times on low/medium grip surfaces (outdoor tracks)

I had mines running a Novak 3.5R motor with a Nosram Evolution Matrix ISTC ESC and it handled the power with ease race in race out. The drivetrain should be super smooth and almost silent with a brushless system installed. The ball diffs are known to "click" sometimes.

James

:)