Vrdetailing

Waterproof Twin Brushless Dual Hunter

I have wanted one of these since they came out but never found one ..

Few years later and got one new from Tamico

Some of the parts have arrived

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 1

One thing i promise - your going to have fun . It will go like stink on that setup . Might want to fit DF-03 universals though as the dogbone's and drive cups may not last long .

Awesome, I love my Dual Hunter and always wanted to brushless, but at the cost of doubling up I went with the WT01 instead. Looking forward to the outcome. I noticed Tamico stock these, I'm not sure if the Dual Hunter is technically out of production and this is old stock, or if it is still a current model?!?

I had no luck in finding one anywhere until I saw tamico recommended on here.

I have no idea how well it will go.. And how much better a twin setup will be apart from the 4wd advantage

I want another waterproof basher like my madbull hummer.. I hope you enjoy the build.

Just waiting on bearings .. Paint, pinions and receiver

I am also unsure on how I will power the units... I would like to run both in parallel on a single 5000ma hardcase but only testing will see if it will performs well

The other option will be an additional battery one per esc.. This would have to sit on top.

I can decide if that is necessary later on

I can recommend the DF03 universals from Tobee ( sold by rdvtg) those are the beefiest I could find.

The also come in three different offset

The GPM and Tamiya are all made for buggie size wheels not monster.

It hardly shows but the pin in the joint is thicker. I managed to kill most of the GPM shafts

DSC01895.jpg

DSC01897.jpg

• Like 1

I will have a look for a uk supplier.. What is the main issue.. Do the pins Snap in the originals or do the cups wear.

I'll look forward to this build. Might have to buy some of those DF03 universals.

I will have a look for a uk supplier.. What is the main issue.. Do the pins Snap in the originals or do the cups wear.

its both mate - the pins snap and the cups soon get chewed to bits . those Tobee ones are exactly what i use . it was Waterbok who put me on to them age's back - thanks Waterbok . :D

Do you have a uk supplier Bromvw.. Or a good site to import from.

And also what sort of setup are you using to chew up the stock bones..

I look forward to trying to destroy the originals. :D

Its the big Kyosho tires that cause me the problem - not the power . Because my drive shafts are at a bit of a extreme angle dogbones are useless .

mine came from Japan . http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Tamiya-DF-03-Universal-Shaft-Strong-Type-Tobee-/350507624646?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519be1e8c6

i'am now running twin sport tuned on 2s - no issues whatsoever .

I think that servo is going to have a hard time. Don't get me wrong - it will work - but I think for a few quid more you could have got something metal-geared and stronger. The wheels on the WT01/WR01 are pretty massive and this puts a lot of strain on the steering mechanism, servo horn, servo itself and even the servo mounts in this particular chassis.

Either way, that is going to be a monster of a setup when done. It just might struggle to change direction!

I have a hobbyking servo in my Blackfoot that is spec lower kg and is fine ... I even have one in my clod lol.. Saying that it's an easy fix later if it is poor. I hear the blue bird servos are good. Looking forward to the build

Metal geared servo is a must imho. I have replaced loads of plastic geared ones on mime and my kids dual hunters, it's a real weak point on these, especially when going brushless.

I though of running dual batteries for lomger run time, but you might be better keeping the weight down with just the one.

Here are my cups, they still work fine but their days are numbered!!

med_gallery_28308_3714_343632.jpg

Cheers

Nito

You got a use for the ESC that came with it or are you selling it on?

Metal geared servo is a must imho. I have replaced loads of plastic geared ones on mime and my kids dual hunters, it's a real weak point on these, especially when going brushless.

I though of running dual batteries for lomger run time, but you might be better keeping the weight down with just the one.

Here are my cups, they still work fine but their days are numbered!!

med_gallery_28308_3714_343632.jpg

Cheers

Nito

that's the problem in a nutshell - better to bite the bullet and buy universals in the long run .

No idea yet was going to put it in my spares bin.. I fried the one on my bull head getting it wet trying to float in the sea.. They do float quite well .. I replaced it with two 103 Tamiya esc's

Those look quite chewed .. So far I have nothing bad to say about the cheap HK servos or I would not use them...

I was tempted with a bluebird but they were out of stock.

Alloy steering hubs may be useful, the kingpins always came out on my WD.

Alloy steering hubs may be useful, the kingpins always came out on my WD.

replaced mine with alloy ones and e clips Waterbok - much better .