Percymon

HobbyKing now have a UK warehouse

Just a heads up that Hobbyking now have a UK warehouse. As with their Euro warehouse it doesn't stock all the items that the HK and USA ones do, which is rather frustrating, but it does provide a great UK source for li-po batteries, servos and 2.4Ghz RX units.

Just dropped them an order for 2 x 20C 1600mAh mini sized lipo packs, 3 servos and 3 2.4GHz RXs - just over £30 delivered :D

And if you live near Ipswich you can even collect from the warehouse, saving on postage and delivey time.

Also means the £86 brushless, oil dampered Turnigy 2WD buggy is now a viable competitor to the £70 Kyosho Sand Master..

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=25151

Just a heads up that Hobbyking now have a UK warehouse. As with their Euro warehouse it doesn't stock all the items that the HK and USA ones do, which is rather frustrating, but it does provide a great UK source for li-po batteries, servos and 2.4Ghz RX units.

Just dropped them an order for 2 x 20C 1600mAh mini sized lipo packs, 3 servos and 3 2.4GHz RXs - just over £30 delivered :D

And if you live near Ipswich you can even collect from the warehouse, saving on postage and delivey time.

Also means the £86 brushless, oil dampered Turnigy 2WD buggy is now a viable competitor to the £70 Kyosho Sand Master..

http://www.hobbyking...idProduct=25151

Good looking buggy Dave - lose that rear wing and add a spair wheel and it would be even better . £89 is value for money .

Seems to be improving this now, I put an order in Monday and it arrived the very next day!

Seems to be improving this now, I put an order in Monday and it arrived the very next day!

Well i placed an order at the end of August, it was packed within a day - i sent 4 customer support e tickets and 4 live chat sessions to try to progress it beyond 'packed, awaiting despatch' status over a 4 week period with nothing bar sympathy and 'we have highlighted / prioritised with warehouse'. After 4 weeks I raised a paypal dispute and got refunded within 48hours.

I then placed the same order on the same UK warehouse, it got packed and despatched within a day, delivered within 2 !

I now have 25 orders with HK - across Far East and UK warehouses - this was the only order I've had issue with, but it was laughable (in hindsight, but highly frustrating at the time) the way they handled the 'delayed despatch' issue.

Yeah I try and stick to the UK warehouse now, even if they're out of stock it's still usually quicker to wait a few days and then order. Especially with how fast this recent order came. I suspect the fact it contained a LiPo made it arrive quicker too as they couldn't use regular post. Maybe the answer is to always buy a LiPo with every order ha ha!

I am trying to check-out with nothing more than 2 Blue Bird Servo's. The only postage option I'm getting is for 5 squid on Parcelforce?!

I just bought two receivers from the EU warehouse because the UK was out of stock, I paid £1.10 postage from Germany.

Is there something wrong? Have Hobbyking UK not heard of Royal Mail I wonder?

Edit: Hilariously it keeps telling me that for 'added value' I can add up to 1.9kg more and it won't cost any more to post! :lol:

Yes UK warehouse only has option for Parcelforce delivery - its not a bad postakl rate, modelsport and other internet shops will charge £3.50-4.50 postage with RM anyway

add some heat shrink or other cheap items to the order to justify the £5 postage ;)

Yea thinking that. Not desparate for them (what with the speed of my projects) but will try to think of some other things to add before proceeding. Just a shame that the servos and receivers weren't in stock at the same warehouse at once!

Aw well..

65mm alloy shock absorbers are very cheap if you think you'll have a future need for them (you can swap the bottom rod ends for short Tamiya ones to get back to ca 58mm length if needbe).

I think they've probably done that to ensure its a speedy service, as I said above I got my bits next day recently and that's probably down to the use of PF and better shipping processes in the warehouse.