Hi All

My first post on Tamiyaclub. I have just finished my first refurbishment of a 959 I brought on ebay a year or so ago.

My intention was to use it as a practical runner, not a shelf queen.

It came with a few of the original decals and the rest I got on ebay. Not that impressed with them as they are printed on white backing, have faded slightly already and started to peal off.

The shell was from kamtech and I tried to use the original tamiya fittings where possible, including sectioning the rear spoiler to fit the shell.

Both rear suspension arms were broken so I made a pair out of alloy and carbon sheet. The rear hub carriers were split around the pivot holes, I sleeved them with some micro bore copper plumbing pipe. Appear to be holding up ok so far.

I have since found some 3d printed items, but being tight, I won't buy them until I have too.

My next project is a sand scorcher I have had since I was in my teens, so 27 years!!!!

Cheers

Ross

post-39126-0-47147300-1432841452_thumb.j

post-39126-0-19803000-1432841513_thumb.j

post-39126-0-83204700-1432841523_thumb.j

post-39126-0-51610200-1432841534_thumb.j

• Like 1

She looks fantastic Ross and welcome aboard!

That is awesome! Welcome. The 959 was the car that got me back into Tamiya.

You have done a wonderful job with that. Would love to see more of your customised arms and hubs.

If you want a technigold motor you can buy an unbadged version but completely authentic for not a lot of cash.

Hi, thanks for all the comments.

Yes it has a technigold motor which appears in good order.

I saw a post on the unbadged versions as may get one for the sand scorcher.

I will take a few more pics of the arms and hubs and post them. Made the arms in three sections. Two alloy arms that match the profile of the originals and then connected them with a strip of carbon sheet.

In my youth I had, and still own a lot of tamiya stuff, but always wanted but could never afford a 959. So glad I got the one on ebay and have done this.

Can anyone point me to this unbadged version of the Technigold and the decal for them?

That is a very robust looking 959.

I like the hub carriers. Maybe the next project.

Excellent work , those arms look great - maybe make some more and help out some of the 959 / GrB owners on here ;)

• Like 1