Zac_F83

Newest Clod build Bearfoot monster truck

Well starting another build - already bought most everything -

Axles (complete w/ bearings, CPE rear steer lock out, and CPE vertical servo mount, CPE aluminum steering links, Losi 140oz/in servo, Kimbrough 124 saver) they need a little work which I'll go into detail later on

Good used chrome wheels/tires

Stock original clod chassis for parts

CPE Flashback custom aluminum chassis

CPE Pettibone faux hub covers in Red

Parma 94 Dodge Ram body

HPI 15t Firebolt motors (2)

CPE 13t steel pinions (2)

custom Bearfoot decals

just purchased tonight -

Axial SCX10 90mm shocks (8)

Axial 2.4 radio

Traxxas waterproof RX box (Slash 4x4lcg)

Traxxas EVX-2lvd 16.8v ESC

purchasing tomorrow -

Venom 3200 20C 2S lipo battery

Axial Velcro straps (4)

Tamiya PS-2 Red paint

I was supposed to get the CPE order today but got the axles/tires/chassis instead and I already have 1 of the listed batteries so I only plan to get 1 and I may end up running my 3S (12.1v) battery in this as well. SO hopefully the CPE stuff shows up Monday so I can get started on this.. also still waiting on the decals which is fine for now but hopefully they get here this week as well (coming from Canada and going on week 3 of waiting)

Mock up pics at CPE's 11 3/4" wheelbase

bearfoot23.jpg

Bearfoot1_zpsae4ec20b.jpg

Bearfoot2_zps413a2af5.jpg

• Like 4

Cool very tempted to get a "seagull" chassis myself and do a real old school build. Will be watching with interest :)

Thanks guys! I'm hoping the CPE order shows up Monday - I am going to tear into the axles tonight as the front right axle tube is cracked (got a NOS spare) and right away plan to paint the chassis black once I find out where everything is going to go in it.. it's not designed for 2 batteries so hopefully I can make 2 work haha

ws_clodtastic.jpg

My Restoration and custom/scratch built ladder ones keep squeaking at me from their storage box, the poor things have been in there for 10 years + now... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like 1

Will watch with interest, my childhood Clod that I bought brand new in Hong Kong was stolen from my parents house about five years ago! Keep scouring ebay for another vintage Clod!

Well got my CPE order finally! (was supposed to be here Saturday) - and a huge shout out to Brett for sending/ throwing in the CPE motor covers - I will definitely use them!

Now to get busy cleaning/ fixing my axles and get a roller going tonight! will try to post pics - gotta get up for work at 6am so won't be up to late lol

• Like 1

Welll went through both axles, and got a decent start on the chassis. The axles were said to have full bearings in them - only had them inside the gear boxes, the front right axle tube was cracked, and the axle tube braces (all 4) have stripped threads on the axle tube sides. I got a $20 refund from the guy to help make up for buying the better part of $30 worth of stuff.

So as usual I'm waiting for MANY parts to show up.. made the lumidave35 order, as well as a omnimodels order. Luckily I had a NOS right (short) axle tube. got the lower suspension ball studs installed, as well as the battery holders in. Also threw on the body mounts

Got -

EVX-2
8 SCX10 90mm shocks
TRX RX box
Axial 2.4 radio
2 cans of Red paint
Venom 3200 2S 20C lipo
2 Axial velcro straps
NOS metal parts bag
NOS press parts bag
10 Duratrax 6x12x4 all bearings (need 8 for the spindles)

here is where it sits..

Bearfoot3_zpsb5daf307.jpg
Bearfoot4_zps9392c777.jpg

• Like 1

Was going to say I have some spare axle braces but if you have bought the press parts bag you should be good. B) Coming along nicely!

• Like 1

Got my Lumidave35 order earlier than I thought and dug right in - got the ladder bars on, Axial shocks mounted, ESC mounted, RX box mounted, and found out 2 batteries will BARELY fit and I will have to use the velcro straps around the front/back instead of on the sides like I wanted to.. I found out the Axial shocks use a 6mm ball on the bottom so I found 8 clod 6mm ball studs in my stash and mounted them up! it's going to look great! pics!!!!!!

Thanks Berman! wish I woulda seen that post before buying a NOS press parts bag ($10US so not bad anyway)

Bearfoot5_zpsceb54261.jpg

Bearfoot6_zpsaa9657bb.jpg

Bearfoot7_zps58ba241f.jpg

• Like 1

The body was mounted last night and also got the driver side wells cut out - going to do the pass. side tonight and paint it I think - Tomorrow I plan to remove the motors and break them in and might make some anti rotation brackets as well to finish it up!

Thanks guys! I'll post up some pics today! I got caught up painting the details in the body and de-chroming the wheels last night..

Figured out the problem with the arms! Brett sends the chassis with the center plates like so - (if my illustration makes sense LOL)

I-I

bottom
I_I

Which doesn't work with the stock arms, but allows more battery/electronics room, and a LCG - so you must flip the bottom plate for the stock arms to work. I will be flipping both plates and sadly mounting the ESC/RX box in the bottom and batteries on top - as there is 0 room in the bottom for 2 batteries AND a tie down system

Oh well though - it runs and I decided since it's torn down to flip the plates and paint it Black - also got the wheels stripped, primed, and painted White. Going to have to glue the tires sadly as they're pretty loose on the beads

Sadly the only option I'm left with is a 4 link - I just spent 5 hours painting, and flipping all the plates around and the geometry is the opposite of what it was..

Bearfoot8_zps6eb23606.jpg

Bearfoot9_zps1bd199f2.jpg

Bearfoot10_zps1916b8dd.jpg

Bearfoot10_zps1916b8dd.jpg

Welp I have decided I'm sick of the stock arms and am going 4 link + all the goodies that go with it - I flipped the top/bottom center plates and the arm geometry is the exact opposite of what it was. I got the body painted, wheels are done okish (wish I could find white wheels for cheaper than $65).

As delivered geometry -
I'm going to let the paint dry for the night and clean/decal the body tomorrow morning. It turned out great! here is a few teasers! And actual pics of the geometry issue with the stock arms I forgot to post..

Bearfoot71_zpsb83ba302.jpg

Bearfoot72_zpsfbe6cff5.jpg

Flipped center plates -

Bearfoot12_zps4335cbf0.jpg

Chassis done -
Bearfoot13_zps0962fff6.jpg

Bearfoot14_zps97f5983b.jpg

Bearfoot15_zps684cf190.jpg

Bearfoot16_zpsc47c9733.jpg

• Like 2

It's all starting to come together now. Painting the chassis black works really well. It's looking more like the real bear foot everyday.

• Like 1

Wow, looks HUGE. What are the red cover inside the wheels? I don't think I've seen them before.

Excellent work, Zac. :)

• Like 1

Wow, looks HUGE. What are the red cover inside the wheels? I don't think I've seen them before.

Excellent work, Zac. :)

They are CPE (Crawford Performance Engineering) faux hub covers - of 1:1 planetary hubs - these are Pettibone covers - he makes almost every style - these are also in Red - which I think he offers 3 colors (Red/Black/Grey) - the Reds are borderline Orange though LOL

They replace the wheel nuts.. and when I get the 4 link parts I will likely paint the axles Red like the 1:1 truck's