Sign in to follow this  
boxartparts

rough rider to super champ

hi all,

this will have been covered before but I sure I have seen a thread on here of converting the rough rider shell into the super champ.i have been trying to get a vintage one for the past few years but as yet I have failed.even with the rere I keep missing out on the flea bay.

so if any one could show me the link to it I would be grateful

cheers

tony

It's going to be a lot of work because other than mounting points, the bodies are completely different from each other. I would just keep a sharp eye out on eBay.

• Like 2

It can be done but needs plenty of cutting of the side pods & rear quarters - lots of plastic card (styrene) and styrene rods to build the roll bars and a S/C roof

hi just tried the link but the page was blank

what thickness styrene do you guys use. do you go for the same as the existing shell or something thinner to bend more easily

cheers

tony

Depends on the shape of the area you are creating . If it is relatively flat you can use 1.5 - 2mm card , if it is more complex or curved I would use thinner depending on the job - there are many thicknesses available .You can use thin card to get smooth contours and then laminate thin sheets behind or on top as needed to build up strength after the initial shape has been made and set . I use liquid poly cement to build up layers

try this link to the project of RR to SC body

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73511&hl=