Indetrucks

Is this Red 58001 a Unicorn?

I know of the green body/silver chassis 58001 Porsche, as well as the black body/black chassis 58001 Porsche.

What I was not away of was the Red Body / Red Chassis 58001 Porsche.

Is this a Unicorn? Is it real? How many were made? Is this seller a member here? Would LOVE more info on it.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=391289752639&alt=web

If that link doesn't work, it's eBay item# 391289752639

I wasn't specifically talking about the body set, this I knew of. It's the red aluminum frame that I have never seen before.

Did Tamiya release a Red framed version of this kit which came with a 540 motor as the seller descrbes?

Interesting that there's no left side aluminum motor/drive shaft plate (well that one is some sort that I haven't seen). It's dang near impossible to pry a 540 in there with the stock plate. My blue-bell 540 was smashed in there (with the motor plate) due to the original owner doing some minor surgery on the right side plate. I'm not a 58001/002 expert, so I don't know if the modified aluminum plate was a hop up option for both kits.

This is how my 002 came to me, you can see the plate and the blue-bell 540. Photo is a little grainy: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/pictureframe.asp?t=n&id=img3758_03122013164522_7.jpg

Definitely an neat looking find Inde.

Yeah, I always drooled over the rare black version that was released by Tamiya.

I'm almost tempted to contact this guy and pick his brain about this particular model. Was this red chassis 58001 truly a Tamiya release?

That looks like red paint rather than red annodize

Sidenote: I dislike when people sell "new built" items and photograph them outside - on road, grass, dirt etc. It's just a bad idea. As a buyer, you are thinking "I hope it didn't get scratched". It may seem fussy, but when the seller is expecting you to pay $1300 (or more) for a toy, scratches and dirt matter. A lot.

It's poor practice to photograph anything mint/vintage on anything but a clean, indoor setting.

• Like 1

Yes it does Shodog, you can see it particularly around where the chassis/body metal mount is.

What is this then? Sure looks like red paint to me...

Red paint wearing away from the battery stay. Paint build up on body/chassis mount. Far End battery stay is worn also.

redporsche.jpg

Call me crazy, but the green color of the MSC and motor is way off also IMO. Should be much darker.

(Runs off to check)

The chassis could have been powder-coated or wet painted, indeed.

I have vintage 540 black motor in my coutach and it's extremely too fast for the archaic chassis. It would make the super fleecy 934/935 undrivable

I've got a sport tuned 380 in mine. It's just about right