Sign in to follow this  
JeepnMike

Need Tamiya TRF801 Part - Tamiya 9004251 ~ Seeking Int'l Help

Hey gang,

I have a spare part for everything for this car with exception for this parts tree (9004251). I have been looking for a little while and any supplier including eBay and am hitting a wall. From my google searches, it appears that there still may be a seller or two in Japan I believe, but I am sorry, I can't read it. I am hoping that someone could possibly translate and maybe help get me these parts? I would happily send Paypal ahead of time to a seasoned TC member.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

I am realizing I can get those parts in America. What is weird is that it has a different parts number for the same parts sprue for the 801x and 801xt. I would think the diff parts are the same?

I have done a stare and compare between the one set of untouched A-Parts that I have for my buggy and the photo above for the same parts for the truggy and I can't find a single thing different other than the part number.. I actually only needed the diff cage part #5 and it really look identical enough to take a chance and just order the 801XT parts hoping they fit my buggy which I did.

When I bought a TRF801x a month ago, I bought a used and *dialed* TRF801x from a TRF driver, and a complete new backup kit for parts. When I got everything, my backup 'complete' kit wasn't actually complete as promised and a few parts have been missing as I have been digging through it. I have been stocking up on parts that usually break or wear out, but also ensuring my spare kit is complete, and this part was one of the few I needed.

I have replaced just about all of the wear items on my new buggy, installed new electronics, and am just waiting for a lazer cut plate section I am having made for the battery tray and ESC area to cover the nitro mount holes in the chassis, etc. and make the battery tray and ESC mount look uber clean. If I can keep my Dremel work nice for the battery tray and mud guards, it should be pretty sweet - I will share photos.

Klausen, I owe you a frosty beverage mate!! I would never have found that part number for the truggy or even have known they had a different part number if you hadn't poked around to help me here... I very very very much appreciate you taking the time to help man! Cheers!