I have no idea if there is a big overhead involved for the admins, but would it be possible to make TC Tapatalk compatible?

• Like 1

I have no idea if there is a big overhead involved for the admins, but would it be possible to make TC Tapatalk compatible?

Seconded

• Like 1

Tapatalk would be great here. Trying to reply/edit posts on an iPhone is truly painful, with whatever forum this is that TC uses.

• Like 1

here runs IP.Board

i prefer non-mobile versions, no problem with browsing fullwidth portrait using Safari with Retina screen.

Pre-Retina was a bit blurry at small sizes but ok on landscape.

• Like 1

Another vote for Tapatalk support here, the IPS Communities App isn't available in the UK.

Just thought I'd bump this as the new Tapatalk app has just gone live (they've made it completely free now) and its simply amazing!

Is there any chance of having the Tapatalk plugin for the forum yet?

I have no trouble writing posts with a mobile phone on TC.

Neither do I but it lacks some essential functionality that Tapatalk can offer.

1 more on Tapa, would make live easier on 'small' screens. B)

1 more for me. During the weekend I don't use my Linux powered laptops and using my Android device I noticed:

impossible to login to TC;

hard to login to the forum;

hard or impossible to post anything on the board.

Think it's necessary to make TC Tapatalk compatible, also considering that most of us are subscribers.

Neither do I but it lacks some essential functionality that Tapatalk can offer.

What are these additional functions you spoke of?

What are these additional functions you spoke of?

Jump to page number

Pinch to zoom on images

Search within thread

Subscribe to thread

Subscribe to sub-forum

Push notifications

Multi-quote

Easy upload of images

To name but a few

I have no trouble writing posts with a mobile phone on TC.

This was written when I had access to an iPhone 4 with Safari mobile. Tamiyaclub's IP.Board forum software will switch to a mobile layout as soon as it recognizes Safari mobile's user-agent string.

However, when using Internet Explorer on Windows Phone 8 (Nokia Lumia 620), I can't access the mobile layout. TC's IP.Board will show me the desktop layout instead. I've configured my phone to send the IE mobile user-agent string, but still there's no access to the mobile layout.

@Twinset: & @NetsmithUK: I guess an update of the forums software may help to recognize IE mobile?

I would be really glad and thankful if I you two guys enable access to the board's mobile layout for Windows Phone 8 devices. :)

Tapatalk: I've tried the Tapatalk app for Windows Phone 8 with some other forums. To summarize it: Not my cup of tea - the Tapatalk app has trouble with embedded Youtube content and some simple image file formats like PNG. Even the basic mobile layout on iPhone's Safari mobile gave me more features.

For browsing and simple posts in threads it's awesome. Every other forum I'm on, use tapatalk, and it makes it so much easier to browse the forums, follow threads, etc.

The mobile browser is ok, but I prefer tapatalk on my phone and iPad.

Please add tapatalk functionality.

I nearly forgot to add another bad thing about Tapatalk:

To use it, you have to create a Tapatalk account. I don't see the point why I should do that, when all I want to do is read and write posts on Tamiyaclub.

To use it, you have to create a Tapatalk account. I don't see the point why I should do that, when all I want to do is read and write posts on Tamiyaclub.

It's far from a bad thing if you use it for several forums on multiple devices as having a tapatalk account syncs your progress and accounts. For instance I can be reading something on my iPhone then switch to my iPad and carry on where I left off, or add a forum on one device and have it magically appear on the other.

To use it, you have to create a Tapatalk account.(...)

Well - that was wrong. Sorry, my bad. Actually, Tapatalk on Windows Phone 8 is hiding the "login to forum XYZ" button deep down in the menu, while it does prominently show the "join the Tapatalk community to enable the login to your forum" or something like that all the time.

I'm now able to write posts in some of my tapatalk-supported forums. I like how Tapatalk is able to keep the data transfers to a minimum. However, it does give you only very limited options when writing posts. No editing, no "thank you"-button. Links to another threads embedded in posts within the same forum will _not_ open within Tapatalk, but in the phone's browser.

This is much less functionality than I had with the mobile version of Tamiyaclub using iPhone's Safari.

I'm now able to write posts in some of my tapatalk-supported forums. I like how Tapatalk is able to keep the data transfers to a minimum. However, it does give you only very limited options when writing posts. No editing, no "thank you"-button. Links to another threads embedded in posts within the same forum will _not_ open within Tapatalk, but in the phone's browser.

This is much less functionality than I had with the mobile version of Tamiyaclub using iPhone's Safari.

Must be a Windows phone thing as I can do all of that within Tapatalk on my iPhone

Many thanks to Twinset and NetsmithUK for having added Tapatalk support to Tamiyaclub. I'm writing this from my phone now.

The navigation through the forums is still a bit tricky - everybody should try by themselves and give feedback, please. But that may be caused by how the subforums and sections structure had been originally created and arranged.

Thanks.

Many thanks to Twinset and NetsmithUK for having added Tapatalk support to Tamiyaclub

:lol: well that's ruined the big announcement.

Was all ready to test, post and go yay, but can't get Tapatalk to work on my handset

• Like 1

Woot woot! Thanks chaps, much better already!

All we need now is a dedicated Tapatalk app for TC! Not sure if this costs extra though?

Don't want much do I? :lol:

What is a dedicated app? By the way, Tapatalk for Windows Phone 8 allows you to stick Tamiyaclub on the phone's main screen along with all your other favourite apps.

What is a dedicated app? By the way, Tapatalk for Windows Phone 8 allows you to stick Tamiyaclub on the phone's main screen along with all your other favourite apps.

The dedicated app option essentially does what you say Windows phone allows you to do by default (put a dedicated Tamiyaclub Tapatalk app on your home screen). I imagine Apple being Apple restrict Tapatalk from allowing users to do this through the app, Microsoft (and I imagine Google) aren't as restrictive. Therefore forum owners have to develop a dedicated app using the Tapatalk toolkit to allow this on iOS. It does however bring extra benefits to the forum owners over and above just having the standard Tapatalk functionality.

More info here: http://www.tapatalk.com/build.php

• Like 1