Sign in to follow this  
ChrisRx718

Blue anodised hardware?

So I'm feeling like a bit of a tart, I want to make my upcoming TA03F build really purrdy with some blue fixings. I already have some washers and the blue ball connectors from Tamiya, but I'm wondering where everyone sources their blue anodised hardware?

I'm talking screws etc.

For my build the visible screws would entail-

M3 x 10 button heads = 14nr

M3 x 10 countersunk = 7nr

M3 x 15 button heads = 6nr

M3 x 12 button heads = 2nr

Most of the time these things come in packs of 5, so I'll have spares for other projects. I've just found what I could on 3Racings online shop and this totalled £21-ish, but only included the top two lines above! The other sizes were not available.

On Asiatees (new search bar is absolutely hopeless btw) this same total came to £14 plus postage at about £5.

Just wondering whether there is a source out there for decent 'blue' hardware that I'm missing?

Tamiya themselves make Blue screws.

Try part numbers 53767 for 3x10mm Button Heads, 53773 for 3x10mm Countersunk, and 53768 for 3x12mm Button heads. Cant find any 3x15mm Screws. You may get away with using some 3x12mm instead of 3x15mm if its not a hard runner.

I just E-bayed 'Blue M3 Screws', and got the following UK sellers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-GWR-Colourfast-Stainless-Button-Screws-5Pk-Black-Blue-Red-Green-Copper-/270900022167?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=570055961297&hash=item3f12e64b97

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-GWR-Colourfast-Stainless-Countersunk-Screws-5Pk-Black-Blue-Red-Green-Copper-/280751047946?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=580048473013&hash=item415e11050a

I use generic stainless ones off Ebay, much cheaper and still look good.

• Like 1

Try a local metal finishing company to see if they can anodise things for you ?

I got some car parts powder coated at a local company and I am fairy sure they also do anodising either on site or they send stuff away to get done.

Try looking for Hiro Seiko screws. They are not anodised aluminium, but plated stainless steel screws. The blue they use is a bit darker than Tamiya blue, but the screws are superb quality! I use them in every car I actually drive. I have blue ones in my Tamiya M04RR, of which you can find the build thread in the builds section :)

Have you try rcmart? I found their prices are the best and they stock everything like kits(from several brands), hop ups, wheels/tires, shocks, electronics, tools, bags/carrier, spares, motors etc....they offer combos but check the individual item price first because their combo deals could be more expensive if buy individually, don't know why.

So it seems like Banzai Hobby are the cheapest for my requirements - yet again. Fortunately postage is really cheap cos the screws don't really weigh all that much!

Try looking for Hiro Seiko screws. They are not anodised aluminium, but plated stainless steel screws. The blue they use is a bit darker than Tamiya blue, but the screws are superb quality! I use them in every car I actually drive. I have blue ones in my Tamiya M04RR, of which you can find the build thread in the builds section :)

For anyone else looking for these (and they do look good) I found this website selling them cheapest - http://www.pitboxhobbies.com/index.htm