Sign in to follow this  
svenb

TA02/FF01 FRP chassis steering arms help

I have recently purchased a good s/h 53166 set,everything is in great condition except the steering arm😩

Anyone got an idea where I can find the arms? J1 & J2 parts.

If someone has a set and is using it for a ff01 then they will have the ta02 arms redundant! I think!

Google searches bring up out of stock

Only.

Maybe this should be in the wanted section but sometimes this section can throw up a lead or two,fingers crossed

sven

The J parts are very difficult to find, (not released as a spare IIRC) and are often brittle with age. If you're planning on making a runner, you may want to consider alternatives -- I managed to retrofit some arms intended for the TA04 and they works quite well in my opinion:

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=126849&sid=2400

That's a fancy chassis mate😉

I was hoping a ff01 fan with a frp chassis would still have the (not needed)ta02 arms.

What did you have to do to make the ta04 fit?

That's a fancy chassis mate

I was hoping a ff01 fan with a frp chassis would still have the (not needed)ta02 arms.

What did you have to do to make the ta04 fit?

Thanks B)

Of course there may be someone that has the TA02 "extras" kicking around, but I would also investigate more robust options if you're going to run this. I received some TA02 FRP steering arms in a similar trade, and they SPLIT AS I THREADED IN THE BALL-JOINTS :wacko: and were rendered completely useless...

Another pic:

IMG_0615.jpg

Just basic hardware, and some creative use of odds and ends from my pit box. The most difficult part was cutting an old piece of FRP to create the center link. There's probably an easier way to accomplish this, but I simply love incorporating FRP wherever and whenever I can :D

I've also replaced the plastic TA04 arms with #53478 aluminum arms since, and it's pretty much bullet-proof now.

I think i have a set but they maybe either ta01 or ff01 im not sure..

I was in a similar situation not long ago ,fortunately the donor car had some kind of aluminum arms already installed .

If you want i can look after work today and see which ones i have leftover

• Like 1

As Salvine, I have Used the GPM steering one of my FRP TA02s, no issues at all.

I've had a look at the GPM arms and they look ok,but I'm not going to run this and really want all Tamiya bits.

Thanks for the suggestion 😉

Sven

Problem solved😃

Chickenman242tk kindly sent me a set.

Going to be careful when screwing the ball connectors in though.

sven

invest in an m3 tap, its especially handy on vintage parts for removing the stress of threading the polycarbonate parts.

Good call😉