Sign in to follow this  
bromvw

lexan windscreen

Does anyone know where i can have a replacement lexan screen made ? Maybe Kamtec could do one ? This is for a non Tamiya restro/custom job so theres nothing stock available . If anyone can make me one let me know . It would need to be vac formed as its a compound curve .

Kamtec would be your best bet!

You could try yourself by buying a sheet of lexan and heating it thought a hot air gun, to get the curve.

Lemonade bottle?

If only lol . its a 1970's tracked amphibious and parts are like hens teeth to find . I might have a go myself at making one but i think its a bit begond my skills . If all else fails i'll make one up in fiberglass and fake the look with stickers or paint . Might be better that way anyway to hide the electrics .

clear Evergreen styrene is easier to work 'freeform' than lexan, lower softening point if you use heat

lexan needs to be pretty hot to mold, becomes unwieldy and it shrinks a lot on cooling.

oh it exists alright but its in need of some TLC :P All i know about it is thats its a Joustra .The tracks are in good nick , but one axel is slightly bent . It needs new motors and a complete rewire plus putting back together but all the parts seem to be there . Total basket case but i've fixed worse .

post-37759-1334045745_thumb.jpg

now that we see it really exists . i , myself would go look for some thing thats comes in one of those clear hard plastic disposible case , a bit like the shirt box lid .. , like most things are in shops and are hung up with .. .use the clear plastic to make a new screen , make it one piece and silastic it in to keep it water proof ..i did this to make the side windows on my humvee cause the windows and mounts where missing on one side

should be able to fold that out of 0.5-1mm styrene with a little bit of heat

PROJECT CANCELLED . too much work and expence involved and i have the Ford GPA Seep to work on .

ahh ya sook , i see it on ebay ! .. :lol: get us all excited them bail on the idea !

ahh ya sook , i see it on ebay ! .. :blink: get us all excited them bail on the idea !

Yar . I went to collect it after it did'nt sell in his first listing but it was such a basket case i bailed on it . Not worth the time or effort IMO .