Fruitfly01

Name The Car Game.

This is an idea I've seen on another (non car) forum.

The idea is to post an obscure picture of an RC car - a close up, a detail, a portion of an image, inside, outside, the steering rack of a Bigwig, the internals of an Astute gearbox, etc... It doesn't have to be Tamiya or vintage, it can be any RC car past or present.

Forum members then have to guess what car it is from the picture provided. The member who guesses correctly then has to post a picture for the game, and so it should continue. Hopefully, never ending, and a little bit of fun on the forum.

I'll start. Remember, if you guess correctly, please post an image and keep the game going.

49861007091_bf18e3d5a7_o.jpg

Hmm. Appears to be a RWD buggy judging by the shape of the motor plate and what appears to be a slipper. Doesn't look immediately familiar, so not one that I have in my fleet. The presence of screws rather than hex bolts suggests a Tamiya, and the black finish to the screws suggests one that is not very old.

Perhaps a DN-01, or something along those lines?

DN-01 is a great guess! I would have gone with Dyna Storm.

Great thread, too! Looking forward to future editions.

Not a DN01, and the slipper is a hop up. Not sure if that was entirely fair of me to include that in the shot. If slipper were to be ignored, you'd have spur, pinion and gearbox plate.

I'd also say MF-01X Jimny, specifically the cover over the hole through which you check the pinion/spur mesh.

• Like 1

Lazy spru cutting?

It looks to have been just broken off the sprue :ph34r: Dorvacks worst nightmare...

• Like 1

Lazy spru cutting?

Used a sprue side cutter, please accept my sincere apologies for not keeping up with shelf queen standards. I don't own nail files in 5000, 10000 & 50000 grid to make my runner glossy and sparkle. :P

And for those not whining, yes its the mf01x. ;)

Next.

• Like 2

Sorry guys, been at work all day. This is from a specific kit, not a mish mash of option parts.

20150919_231525_RichtoneHDR_zps3tfhrzyv.

The Jimny? I am pretty sure there is a blue and white version...

Spot on. It's the WR-02 Jimny Blue Special. Your turn!

Yay! :D

Sadly I need to leave for work in 5 mins, so I'll need to pass my turn to someone else. First person to post a pic takes the turn!