Dazzerboy

Change radio gear from stick to trigger

Hi guys, my 2 boys both have a tamiya qp avante with trigger and wheel controller which they love, just brought one of them a Baja champ with stick control . I want to change it to a new trigger control, any ideas, do I just need to change the controller and receiver. Cheers Darren ,

Hi Dazzerboy...

Yes, and at the same time you could also go to 2.4ghz if you're not already, which is far more stable and uses a much shorter aerial too.

I've slowly replaced all my 27mhz transmitter/receivers with these over the years:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B7053-2-4ghz-Radio-Kit-RC-Transmitter-Receiver-Kit-2-Channel-/400583012915?hash=item5d449bb233

I know you can buy more expensive and fancy ones (that allow you to use the same controller with a number of different receivers), but for £25 (and sometime less when they have a promotion on) you really can't go wrong?

Hope that helps,

Jenny x

• Like 1

The point Jenny made about the length of the ariel was one of the main reasons I changed my son's transmitter from a 27mhz to 2.4ghz. He was constantly running over to his car when he crashed with the handset by his side, and bending the ariels as a result. Much better now, and much safer as I don't get a whack in the face if he turns around to me!

• Like 1

Just what my 2 are doing, God knows how many times I've shouted, "keep that aerial up ". What ones did you change to 73robb

I got a second hand acoms technisport II on the bay. Dead simple to setup, still a steering wheel which he prefers (he is just turned six, so it's easier for his little fingers) and no ariel to poke my eye out...

I think these maybe discontinued now, but a number of posts in here recommend the flysky (I think) which is cheap & reliable.

Rob

Try and score the new tamiya 2.4, you can adapt it to smaller hands, I managed to get some for around 25€ a piece. (persons who sold them from xb kits) and Banzai has some cool stickers for them ;) They also have a speed setting (turn wheel left on power on) which makes the car run slightly slower. And both remote and receiver no external antenna.

IMG_20140607_152942.jpg

upload_-1.jpg

Two are now in use by my niece and nephew (8 & 6)

• Like 1