Sign in to follow this  
mtbkym01

Tamiya 1/14 Flat Bed Trailer

I bought this kit in Japan in October 2013, along with a few others, and have finally sat down and made a start on it this week. I am off work this week with a virus (too sick to work, but not too sick to build :) ).

Along with the kit, I also purchased the Motorised Legs kit, and trailer lights. This will initially be hooked up to my Aeromax, but envisage a bigger trailer for that, and maybe a Euro style rig to run with this trailer, anyway, thats down the track, onto the build:

image.jpg1_zps29lr9k3r.jpg

• Like 2

Being crook, the build is a little slow, and going between 2 manuals for the trailer and the legs is a little challenging

image.jpg1_zpsjdxllae7.jpg

image.jpg2_zps1kaxb3n7.jpg

image.jpg4_zpskjhgablb.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsqtdyhocx.jpg

Yeah they are too small for the big cab trucks, something longer would definitely look nicer attached to your Aeromax B) looking forward to seeing the build anyway!

Well, just had to strip everything off of the main "bed" as I installed it upside down. Will get some further progress done today

Let me guess, you got to that one screw hole when installing the switch for the motorised support legs and realised it was on the opposite side of the chassis rails?

Good to see you finally got to it is it finished yet :P

Now for you to tackle all the NIB stuff you have :D

• Like 1

Let me guess, you got to that one screw hole when installing the switch for the motorised support legs and realised it was on the opposite side of the chassis rails?

Hehe, it was the "auto switching" mechanism part, if thats the bit you mean, yep, holes were on the wrong side of the chassis rails, D'Oh!

• Like 1

Good to see you finally got to it is it finished yet :P

Now for you to tackle all the NIB stuff you have :D

Very close, pics to follow. Cant rush these things mate, still got 5 or so kits there, plus a couple more in the coming months I'd suggest hehehehe

• Like 1

Back on track after a quick bit of dis and re assembly

image.jpg1_zpsyqhtcsur.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsobgyrpmh.jpg

image.jpg4_zps4cg9qkqq.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsc5q4mob8.jpg

I would usually replace all bushes with bearings, but my stocks are getting low, and I have a few other projects in the pipeline that will require them before I probably will be able to replenish, so brass bushes stay in this, besides TBH this wont really get driven that much that bearings would improve it massively

image.jpg6_zps7nwehjlr.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsnmgsx3da.jpg

image.jpg9_zpsfbraxia3.jpg

image.jpg10_zpsdumcqeag.jpg

And it sits on its wheels woohoo

image.jpg11_zpsrubd1igf.jpg

• Like 1

So the underneath is basically complete, just tail lights and mud flaps to go, it's now time to tackle the bed, with the supplied wooden floorboards, but prior to that, the lighting wiring needs to be hidden

image.jpg12_zpsyz0rdfcm.jpg

image.jpg14_zpsft2ts44t.jpg

image.jpg13_zpsdpq0jkeg.jpg

image.jpg15_zpszf5uulsv.jpg

image.jpg16_zpsz6akuk3p.jpg

image.jpg17_zpsb1ex0bvg.jpg

image.jpg18_zpshdyea9eg.jpg

image.jpg19_zps9qdktxt9.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks mate, just need to open up the Aeromax and fit the light cable into the MFC, and fit up the hitching servo

Hehe, it was the "auto switching" mechanism part, if thats the bit you mean, yep, holes were on the wrong side of the chassis rails, D'Oh!

Yup that's it. There is one hole off centre and you don't realise until you put the switch in. I had a look back in the manual of one of my trailers and it had a note and the hole coloured in lol, I noticed mine at 2am on a Saturday, so didn't get to bed until I had reversed everything :lol:

• Like 2