Sheriff

New built Bigwig- how much?

I've a new built Bigwig, I'm considering selling. Perfectly built, everything new & unused.

I've tried doing searches on historical sales of these (new built), but didn't get very far.

Suggestions please?

Ta :)

At least 500$, dépends how badly somebody wants it. If you want to sell it do it now because there are rumors that the Bigwig will be re-released.

• Like 1

Anywhere near 300 GBP, if it is immaculate and you still have the box and papers for it.

• Like 1

Thanks fellas. No box unfortunately, but you've given me something to think about.

I'm not sure the market is that strong for an unboxed bigwig. Used examples rarely make more than £100 in the uk via eBay. A mint used might make £150 on a good day. Probably nearer £200-240 for a new built, maybe 250 if complete with technigold.

The bigwig value seems to be in the unique parts - sub chassis, front arms, wheels, yellow plastics and the decals.

• Like 1

Sheriff, if you really want to sell it put it up on eBay on a free listing day and start it at the upper end of your wanted price (remember to factor in the 10% selling fee). Take lots of photos with and without the body and give it a good, honest write up. You'll gauge how much interest there is for it even if it doesn't sell, you can then choose to drop the price a little and relist.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input chaps, will post some pictures up later :), and yes it has a brand new Technigold fitted.

Thinking about it, I'd probably make more stripping it down, motor, wheels, chassis, sub chassis etc...

Thanks for the input chaps, will post some pictures up later :), and yes it has a brand new Technigold fitted.

Thinking about it, I'd probably make more stripping it down, motor, wheels, chassis, sub chassis etc...

Quite possibly

yellow part sprue is ca $30 when they come up

front arms are ca $40 per sprue

sub chassis - last one nip on ebay got $100 (silly !)

new mooncrafts and tyres probably £40

new body complete could fetch £60 ?

All depends how long you are prepared to wait for it all to sell, and the effort to break it down.

Emotionally you wouldn't want to do it, but financially ??

• Like 1

Cheers David

I am quite tempted to strip it, as I have another Bigwig that just needs one or two parts to complete (inc body), so that would suit me. The new could be worth up to £80, perhaps.

It's just getting the time to flipping do it! :wacko:

i got £150 for mines about 90% of it was new bit. and the body and decals werent from tamiya :ph34r: but once everything was on you couldnt tell the difference.

003_zps12c65e68.jpg

• Like 1

here are a few pictures of the Bigwig, the bumper isn't fitted yet.............

photo21.jpg

photo41.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo31.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

• Like 1

i got £150 for mines about 90% of it was new bit. and the body and decals werent from tamiya :ph34r: but once everything was on you couldnt tell the difference.

003_zps12c65e68.jpg

HI!... Just FYI the roof scoop front snorkel is mounted backwards. lol!

• Like 1