Sign in to follow this  
AndyjcClod

Bruiser or Mountaineer differences and which to get?

Hi All

I was saving for a Bruiser and now I see the mountaineer is out so I am wondering if I should get that instead?

Does anyone know the difference and trying to start any arguments but which is best?

Its pretty much down to aesthetics (and price) since the underlying chassis and 80% of the body are common to bothe models

the Bruiser features the rear day cab section, the Mountain Rider uses a roll bar and spotlights

both models use the same wheels (original Mountaineer design) - to be truly correct to the original Bruiser you need to buy the optional multipece wheels.

The Mountain Rider is ca £100 cheaper at current UK listed prices - at that saving it's pretty clear cut which to go for - you'd have to be one heck of a Bruiser fan to justify the extra

• Like 2

Plus the mounty is a limited release. How limited we are yet to find out!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy a Mountaineer from (I am in the UK)

I was thinking about getting it from Stella but I guess that will get stung by customs?

Stella works out at $590 delivered without fees - or ca £350 at todays exchange rate.

If you got hit 4% import duty, 20% vat and £13 handling fee on the full value (assuming the box got opened to evaluate contents) then thats a maximum delivered price of £450 from Stella. If you got charged on the basis of $24 value and $90 shipping then thats £30 fees n handling, for a total of £380

Fusion will be the cheapest UK option if you qualify for 10% TC subscriber discount (and if you're spending this much then the discount is far more than the TC subscription ! ), which would be ca £450 delivered.

Banzai are more expensive than Stella. RCMArt are a smidgen cheaper but higher shipping - If you're buying this size/weight box I'd only go to Stella out of the Far East Suppliers.

Don;t rule out Tamico or Seidel Modellbau either - with 1.25Euros : £1 it's always worth comparing their prices, delivery is normally 10Euros.

So weigh up your options - then hit the buy button :unsure::wacko:<_<-_-^_^:D:o:lol:

• Like 2